Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

German stick grenade. What do you think?

Article about: Thanks for the tip Davejb, at this time Im not going to tuch the paint. Im pretty sure I will be unhappy with the result.

?

Thanks for the tip Davejb, at this time Im not going to tuch the paint. Im pretty sure I will be unhappy with the result.

Default Re: German stick grenade. What do you think?

I'm sure you would be unhappy with the result as the uneven surface will mean you remove new paint from raised areas and leave new paint in the low areas (rust pits etc). In the end you will have a mottled surface of new and old paint plus most likely exposed metal which will rust anyway. The result would be just plain ugly.

Somehow, I can't imagine SS troops getting consignments of grenades and then sitting down and hand painting each and every one of them with SS markings, so that when they throw them at the Russian machine gunners, the Russians will know who is blowing them up...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Looks like it's been artificially aged via a blow torch. I'd say the whole thing is fake, unfortunately!

The granade is original,the wooden part is original....the paint is not original,the ageing is aretificial and the markings are bogus...to say the very least!IMHO a grand down the drain that could have been saved for something more collectible.I seriously doubt that even restored this item will easily sell...to a collector on a budget perhaps but not to one looking for an original piece to add to his collectioln!
    Regards

?

Im ok with this grenade not being 100%, as long as the metal and wood is original.
    The good German stick grenades is maybe to costly for me, 200-300 euro?

Hi Ande

If you want it restored i can do it for you,, no charge,, here is one i done a few years ago as a test job,,it would look better that it does now
    I should have took photos of before and after ,,the can was a rusty old thing full of pitting and very little original paint i left the edge a little bit battered as if been rolled about and handled for the last 60 years..

Kind Regards nick ,,
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German stick grenade. What do you think?  

?

Wow, what a nice offer! I'll send you a PM

Hi,,, you're most welcome.

?

Hi Ande

the white paint seems good.

Don't touch it in the doubt , wait and see ; if you want a "normal" sthgr , buy an other one.

regards from France
    Last edited by kz11gr; 01-03-2013 at 11:45 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast