Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Goldfields Bullets

Article about: I find a lot of bullets and casings on the Goldfields, I would appreciate it if you guys could help with info on my finds and maybe even recommend a book or two. I find a lot of shotgun casi

?

Default Goldfields Bullets

I find a lot of bullets and casings on the Goldfields, I would appreciate it if you guys could help with info on my finds and maybe even recommend a book or two. I find a lot of shotgun casings too which I would like to know more about. Things at my sites go back to 1840's, people probably shot game here maybe 20 odd years ago, but never see anyone do it anymore. The big heavy one is old I reckon.
    Appreciate any help very much, as always
    C
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Goldfields Bullets  

?

I have others, but don't want to ask too much.
    Thanks again
    C

?

Find lots of Pistol balls, and here is a powder flask I found
    C
    Attached Images Attached Images Goldfields Bullets 

Neat items Colin..its all history..please dont feel that you have asked too much..feel free to ask and get the answers you need.

Some very old finds here..which the Ordnance Gents will be along shortly to help out.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Thanks Larry, here is a casing I find fairly often, but they are so fragile... they just turn to dust, so difficult to find a nice one, here is one of my better ones, base is approx. 20mm
    C

Nice finds Colin, love the powder flask!

?

Thanks Glenn.
    More
    C

Nice finds. I also love the powder flask. I think the middle and right hand bullets in the first photo will be .303s and the left hand bullet in the last photo looks like a Martini- Henry. I also think that the cases you keep finding could be from a Martini- Henry, I'll try and dig one of my cases out to get measurements. Hope this helps. Cheers.

?

Thank you Spitace41, Martini-Henry... what a beautiful looking gun. I want.
    There's some deep target iron out there that I've found but not dug and I've often wondered if one of them might be a gun or part there-of. I do like to dig out the axe heads etc but there is so much of it to dig out there I don't dig them all.
    Thanks again
    C

Whereabouts do you generally dig, Colin?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast