Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Hello everyone, I'm a newbie ! I am searching for a WWII era MK II body

Article about: Hello everyone, I am a newbie to the forum,and I just discovered the site a few days ago; I am interested in finding an old cast iron US MK II body from the WWII era.My interest is in collec

Default Hello everyone, I'm a newbie ! I am searching for a WWII era MK II body

Hello everyone, I am a newbie to the forum,and I just discovered the site a few days ago; I am interested in finding an old cast iron US MK II body from the WWII era.My interest is in collecting the old MK II's [everything inert of course] some all original,and a few that I enjoy restoring for my small display,in my spare time.Thank-you all for reading this,and have a good evening. Regards - Grizzly.

Default Re: Hello everyone, I'm a newbie ! I am searching for a WWII era MK II body

There's loads out there on ebay, Worthpoint etc. just take a look mate. Here's a practice one for less than 10 bucks.

US MK2 Hand Grenade sold at By The Sword Inc
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Default Re: Hello everyone, I'm a newbie ! I am searching for a WWII era MK II body

Hello Grizzly-
    Welcome to our site. You will find this to be a friendly place to read and learn.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Hello Grizzly,, Welcome----You will like this friendly forum, there are many knowledgeable collectors on this forum...BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

?

the forum is great! not a day goes by that i want to log in and to learn some more!

Hi Big Ned ! Thanks for your reply.Unfortunately,those are not the real original MKII WWII era bodies,nor time period correct fuzes.They are only cheap copys,actually many are made in China,and available in bulk here in the United States.Ebay did infact for a while,allow the sale of the original grenade bodies I am seeking,but they have since been banned from the site,I'm not sure really why the ban from Ebay happened,as they are nothing but inert pieces of 60+ years-old,cast iron bodies.Infact,the last one I was able to locate,the fellow was using the body for a paperweight in his workshop ! Ha ha...Thanks again and regards - Grizzly.

Thank again everyone for the warm welcome ! Regards to all ! - Grizzly.

Hi grizzly
    Welcome to the forum it,s a mine of information for all military collectors, hope you enjoy it.

dave.