Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Help Identifying Trench Art

Article about: I have acquired some very nice trench art, but I am struggling trying to figure out the head stamp markings. After a few hours of researching, I am finding conflicting information. From what

Default Help Identifying Trench Art

I have acquired some very nice trench art, but I am struggling trying to figure out the head stamp markings. After a few hours of researching, I am finding conflicting information. From what I have gathered, the "FB" after the 75 refers to a recoiless gun? There is also a very small hallmark of a bird/eagle with what I believe is "WaAGCO" underneath. These look like German Markings to me. I am hoping some experts here can help! Thank you in advance for any information. It is appreciated! ~peace~
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help Identifying Trench Art   Help Identifying Trench Art  

Help Identifying Trench Art  

hi,

i have no information about the shells , but i like the design of the pair . imo the crosses are "slovakian crosses" . thanks for showing .

cheers t.

For me the bottom stamps look to be French and from the waffen marks looks like the cases have been in German use which is quite common

The "A.R.S." marking tells us that it is French (Atelier de Constructions de Rennes). The waffenamt tells us that it was used by the Germans in WWII.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

The cross is the Lorraine Cross, perhaps the soldier was in this area....
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Thank you for your replies. This is what I had found as well, just looking for some verification.