Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

I do not know if this is a fuse or not.

Article about: Howdy y'all, this will be my first posting here. I found this object while working a estate sale. I have been looking around the internet to try to understand what I might have here. The obj

Question I do not know if this is a fuse or not.

Howdy y'all, this will be my first posting here. I found this object while working a estate sale. I have been looking around the internet to try to understand what I might have here. The object says "K36" in the middle, above that and on the other side there is a number "5". To me it looks like the tip of a fuse. There are also what looks like o-rings but they are metal. Does any one know what I might have? I will try to get more pictures up on Friday. Thank you for looking at my thread and for answering. I do not know if this is a fuse or not.

?

Default Re: I do not know if this is a fuse or not.

It's not a fuse but a projectile. The "O" rings are driving bands that grabs the rifling in the barrel when fired. It looks not to have been fired as there are no marks on the driving bands. If it contains explosives is hard to tell. Pics of the nose and the bottom of the projectile might be able to help.

Welcome to the forum.

Regards, Lars

Thank you for your speedy response. Thanks for the clarification. I will try to get pics of it tomorrow not working tomorrow, at school). From what i remember the bottom was flat with no holes, and the top was shaped into a cone if I remember right. If it helps I just confirmed that there was some other world war two German items in the persons house. Do you have any idea on what it could be worth?

Again thank you for the help.

From Alex.

Hi. Looks like you have a 37mm projectile. I have sent a pic for reference (it is the one on the left). I agree, try and get pics of the bottom as alot of these were fused in thae base. In my experience these are pretty inexpensive shells and certainly not worth endangering your health for if it is live. Cheers.
    Attached Images Attached Images I do not know if this is a fuse or not. 

I agree It does look like the one on the left. When you say it is "fused in the base" you mean that it has the fuse from the shell correct? Thank you for your help, all help is appreciated.

From Alex

I have trouble explaining these things lol So I hope this pic shows what I mean. Also, could you upload a pic pf the bottom of the shell?

Cheers.
    Attached Images Attached Images I do not know if this is a fuse or not. 

Thank you for the picture. I am not working today, I will have some pictures uploaded latter on today I hope. Looking at your picture the bottom of my projectile looked like the bottom of number 1. Thank you for your help!

From Alex