Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

I found A grenade -----) No36 m Mk1

Article about: With respect, there are too many 'ifs' and 'maybes' involved. In regards to what may or may contain explosives: If there is but a shred or an iota of doubt, dont touch the think, call EOD. B

Exclamation I found A grenade -----) No36 m Mk1

i found a grenade when i was like 8 years olds im now soon 20. i wanted more information on it as i allready look on google but can this grenade explode ? and does it worth something ? there is no pin and no more spring as seen on google. it is very rusty but i cleaned it is there any forum should i post on it ? sorry for my bad english Picture is coming !

Default Re: I found A grenade -----) No36 m Mk1

I found A grenade -----) No36 m Mk1I found A grenade -----) No36 m Mk1I found A grenade -----) No36 m Mk1I found A grenade -----) No36 m Mk1

YES it very well could explode. Call the authorities. These things get unstable. Do not try to unscrew the base plug.

There is the possibility that it is indeed live. 'FW' indicates that
    it was made in Canada by Frost and Woods in 1942.........
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture I found A grenade -----) No36 m Mk1  
    Regards,

Steve.

it looks like a training blank to me, probably never live.

I feel QUICK PROOF IS SERIOUSLY NEEDED. I would get rid of that thing fast and call the authorities...before you dont turn 21....it is possible it may be a dummy as being 8 yrs old and you have not blown off your arms and legs,,throwing it around in the back yard has its possibilities. Put it someplace far from harm. Live Ordnance just like spiders gives me the creeps.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

wow you really scared me guys i was about to play with the baseplug to try unscrew it but i was planning unscrew the wierd cap to see if something in like powder or i dont know what is in there anyway im not touching it anymore lol unless i have more information on it someone allready told me that it was probably a training one. Something that i was not knew about that walkwolf said, FW mean frost wood made in canada i actually live in canada / quebec.

but im not sure about the part to tell to autoriti and here majoriti is 18 not 21.

There is get answered training one to
    I found a grenade, No36m Mk1? - Yahoo! Answers

You will not be able to remove the base plug and filler plug
    - they'll be firmly seated in place and will not turn. If you
    try it with tools, you will only strip and ruin them.

With the 'wings', lever, spring and plunger missing,
    it could be a 'blank', as it cannot be armed.

It is worth something to a collector.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Thanks Steve...Its unnerving to me sometimes to see this stuff..especially when someone doesnt know if its live or not.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

It would be wise to not tinker with the grenade. The thought that it is a training grenade is not a proven fact. Life is worth more than a few dollar the item may be worth. I recall back in the 1980's, a veteran brought his souvenirs to me at a motel buy. Among the items were two German mines. My first question to him was if they were inert. He replied, I THINK I disarmed them before I brought them back and he immediately started to take one apart! At that moment, I did not know if I had five more seconds of life or not. Luckily, his memory was correct. These items were meant to maim and kill and MUST be taken seriously.
    Welcome to the Forum. Don't tinker with the grenade as we want to hear from you again!
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast