Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

I found A grenade -----) No36 m Mk1

Article about: With respect, there are too many 'ifs' and 'maybes' involved. In regards to what may or may contain explosives: If there is but a shred or an iota of doubt, dont touch the think, call EOD. B

Default Re: I found A grenade -----) No36 m Mk1

One thing to add is a simple rule of thumb,
    Always treat unknown ordnance as LIVE under all circumstances. No exceptions.
    I would have someone look at it mate, just in case.
    All the best and as the great Stuart Adamson said "Stay alive"
    Dave

?

Our (US)Practice grenades usually have a hole in the bottom so that you know it is a dummy. Did they not do this to the Mill's bombs?
    And to add to the precautions already mentioned. I wouldn't walk into the Local Police station with this. I would call ahead and ask how they would like to "Handle it".
    Semper Fi
    Phil

It sound like you are in France.
    The only thing you need to do is call the deminer.
    it usely takes a couple of weeks but they will come and get it.
    chris

I Was an avid collector of German .8cm rounds. I bought an AZ 23 nose fuse from a collector in France... Beautiful condition.
    I sent a pic of it to a friend in Holland who is a REAL expert in these things and he replied... "Beautiful AZ23.... You do know it's live don't you?"
    I didn't...
    When dealing with ordinance it's best youse the same adage used with firearms... Treat them all as if they are loaded. These things are just as powerful and more likely to go BOOM as they were the day they were made.

always better safe then sorry

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    Our (US)Practice grenades usually have a hole in the bottom so that you know it is a dummy. Did they not do this to the Mill's bombs? And to add to the precautions already mentioned. I wouldn't walk into the Local Police station with this. I would call ahead and ask how they would like to "Handle it".
    Semper Fi Phil
    There are 'dummy' Mills practice types with a hole in the bottom
    and vertical ridges. Most armies used empty frag grenade
    bodies to augment their supply, but they are typically
    painted light blue, white or red to show that
    they are inert.........
    Regards,

Steve.

To my eye, this looks like a grenade that failed to explode and was likely idiotically then considered "safe" by the soldier who brought it home as a souvenir. The sight of the bottom plug being in place-as well as the top "button" still being inset into the neck is unsettling, indeed, and I would be quite willing to believe that there is still undetonated explosives inside of it-enough to very much ruin your day(as well as anyone else next door to your home). At this advanced age, the explosives-if there is indeed some in it-will be quite unstable and definitely does Not want to be jarred, heated, dropped,shocked or any other annoyance to it until it can be checked out. They can explode for No apparent reason at all.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

What William said.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

wow thanks you guys for all this it helped me and now im sure that i dont touch it anymore... i will stay safe again thank you!

?

If you don't mind me asking,
    Where exactly did you find this??????? In canada, europe.??Near a Base or Battle field??????
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast