Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

I found A grenade -----) No36 m Mk1

Article about: With respect, there are too many 'ifs' and 'maybes' involved. In regards to what may or may contain explosives: If there is but a shred or an iota of doubt, dont touch the think, call EOD. B

?

Default Re: I found A grenade -----) No36 m Mk1

With respect, there are too many 'ifs' and 'maybes' involved.

In regards to what may or may contain explosives: If there is but a shred or an iota of doubt, dont touch the think, call EOD.

Better call EOD one time too many.

There is nothing to be gained in gambling with you or your familys lives.

It looks like the top of the lugs where the pin would go and the lever fit has been broken off, also sheared the striker !!!!!!!!!
    That would means that it is still primed and the only thing holding the striker in situ is rust!!!!!
    In this case it is live and you should call the EOD without any delay.

Don't try to unscrew the bottom cap........

please let us know the outcome..

regards nick ,

Does not look deactivated/inert to me...I hope you do the responsible thing and deal with this the right way, friend...just to be on the side of safety...
    cheers, Glenn

I would call the EOD or at the very least take it out to the middle of a big lake and drop it in. It's just not worth the risk IMO.

This does not look like a practice grenade, nor does it look inert. There are no obvious features like a drilled body, or anything else that makes me think it is practice.

It looks much more like a live grenade that has been damaged. The striker column appears intact. Just because it is missing the lugs for the spoon/safety pin does NOT mean it is practice !! If you attempt to remove the filler or base plugs there is a high likelihood you will sent the grenade off. Please do NOT mess with it. Get it in your back garden and call the police. They will sort it for you.

DON'T FIDDLE WITH IT !

jeeeensy the hole is empty to the buttom there is no striker im not a expert but im sure there is not but dont worrie guys i dont mess with it i stored it in according to me safe place

Quote by anuspoilu View Post
    jeeeensy the hole is empty to the buttom there is no striker im not a expert but im sure there is not but dont worrie guys i dont mess with it i stored it in according to me safe place
    Hi, i am by far no expert, but can you see all of inside? i cant from these images so you dont know what's in there!

I found A grenade -----) No36 m Mk1I found A grenade -----) No36 m Mk1

i cant get the right focus on other picture only 2 on 15 are good there is a spider dead in look like dead from long time

(can see spider on the first picture only but with bad focus)

Hi this picture suggests to me that it still isnt safe. This could still have explosives in in my opinion and i would still call the authorities to be safe. Id rather have one less grenade in my collection than no home and no collection at all.

The column is intact and, whilst there doesn't appear to be a striker, the fuze could still be in place and, almost certainly, the main explosive charge. Get it reported to the police !!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast