MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Kugelhandgranate Model 1913 Aa

Article about: Third pick up of the day. Up for review is a nice Kugelhandgranate Model 1913 Aa (Ältere Art "Old Model") Can not remove the fuse by hand and will not attempt via a vise grip or ot

MAP
    ?

Default Kugelhandgranate Model 1913 Aa

Third pick up of the day.

Up for review is a nice Kugelhandgranate Model 1913 Aa (Ältere Art "Old Model")

Can not remove the fuse by hand and will not attempt via a vise grip or other means as I do not want to leave any marks. Might put some penetrating liquid wrench lube.

This one will go nicely with my US, Japanese and German stick grenades or next to my WW1 German helmets.

Any and all comments are welcome.

Regards,

Michael

Kugelhandgranate Model 1913 AaKugelhandgranate Model 1913 AaKugelhandgranate Model 1913 AaKugelhandgranate Model 1913 AaKugelhandgranate Model 1913 AaKugelhandgranate Model 1913 Aa
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

Was wondering if anyone had thoughts on how to remove the fuse without damaging the brass.

And if there are any concerns with the piece itself (although I am pretty confident on its originality

Thanks!

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

looks ok to me, try wd40 let it soak in.

MAP
    ?

Maybe a nice picture will help with some feedback.....

Kugelhandgranate Model 1913 AaKugelhandgranate Model 1913 Aa

?

Great grenade! As far as removing the fuze, I would put some Kroil penetrating oil on it a couple of times a day for a few days and then use a heavy piece of rough leather and a good pair of channel locks or pliers. Kroil is the best penetrating oil on the market. I do a lot of hobby gunsmithing and I have used every penetrating oil on the market and Kroil is by far the best.

Jim

Kroils website: Penetrating-Lubricating Oils

MAP
    ?

Thanks Jim.

Will give that a try. I also have a pipe wrench that is made of very thick rubber. Hard to describe but you wrap the rubber around the pipe, lock it into the handle and it acts like a pair of vice grips. Will use this after using the Kroils as it never leaves any marks.

?

Only problem with a strap wrench is, they really don't grip small diameter items very well. It's worth a shot, if it doesn't work you could use the rubber strap as an insulator for pliers.

Good luck,
    Jim

MAP
    ?

Can always use your approach. Which I'm sure will work. Just need to borrow one of my wifes leather belts...LoL!!!

Thanks for the help!

Michael