Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Little gift from a marine on the USS Constellation

Article about: Compared to all the really cool stuff you guys in the USA and around the world it most likely wont really interest you but to me it tells a story and was a gift from a bad marine onboard the

Default Little gift from a marine on the USS Constellation

Compared to all the really cool stuff you guys in the USA and around the world it most likely wont really interest you but to me it tells a story and was a gift from a bad marine onboard the USS Constellation.
    The story goes... The aircraft carrier arrived into fremantle after some time off the coast of Iraq. I met up with a high ranking officer who took a group of around 10 of us for a tour. We got to see so much of the ship including a room where the radars and weapon controls were. The sign on the door said " no entry deadly force authorised" . I was told no photos allowed.
    One thing i really wanted was a hat so as we walked past the galley i seen 2 marines sitting there. I asked if i could get a hat but he said he would take me to the ships store to buy me some. I told him i couldn't leave the tour especially after 9/11 and if i went missing off the tour all hell could break loose. He said dont worry and he said he was all ready in trouble and not allowed to leave the ship. I left the tour and went to the store where you could buy all sorts of caps etc. only prob was they only took US money. The marine payed for me and i gave him aussie money back.
    As i was about to leave the ship i asked him for a bullet. He said he couldnt get a complete one but walked off and came back with a 20mm shell. I was so happy!!
    I have had this shell for nearly 10 years and always wanted a head for it.
    I looked online many times but only found blue practice heads.
    I finally found a semi piercing tip HE head . I did all things correct and bought it from the US. It arrived yesterday.
    One problem was the tip had to be dye and pressed on. I got the sand paper out and sanded where in goes onto the head. Perfect!!!!!!
    It now looks magic in my collection and a great reminder of the day onbourd the aircraft carrier and the gift from the naughty marine
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Little gift from a marine on the USS Constellation  

Pretty cool memento!..

Here is a couple pics from the day...

Little gift from a marine on the USS ConstellationLittle gift from a marine on the USS ConstellationLittle gift from a marine on the USS ConstellationLittle gift from a marine on the USS ConstellationLittle gift from a marine on the USS ConstellationLittle gift from a marine on the USS ConstellationLittle gift from a marine on the USS ConstellationLittle gift from a marine on the USS ConstellationLittle gift from a marine on the USS ConstellationLittle gift from a marine on the USS ConstellationLittle gift from a marine on the USS ConstellationLittle gift from a marine on the USS ConstellationLittle gift from a marine on the USS ConstellationLittle gift from a marine on the USS ConstellationLittle gift from a marine on the USS ConstellationLittle gift from a marine on the USS ConstellationLittle gift from a marine on the USS ConstellationLittle gift from a marine on the USS ConstellationLittle gift from a marine on the USS ConstellationLittle gift from a marine on the USS ConstellationLittle gift from a marine on the USS ConstellationLittle gift from a marine on the USS ConstellationLittle gift from a marine on the USS ConstellationLittle gift from a marine on the USS ConstellationLittle gift from a marine on the USS ConstellationLittle gift from a marine on the USS ConstellationLittle gift from a marine on the USS ConstellationLittle gift from a marine on the USS ConstellationLittle gift from a marine on the USS ConstellationLittle gift from a marine on the USS ConstellationLittle gift from a marine on the USS ConstellationLittle gift from a marine on the USS ConstellationLittle gift from a marine on the USS ConstellationLittle gift from a marine on the USS ConstellationLittle gift from a marine on the USS ConstellationLittle gift from a marine on the USS ConstellationLittle gift from a marine on the USS ConstellationLittle gift from a marine on the USS ConstellationLittle gift from a marine on the USS ConstellationLittle gift from a marine on the USS ConstellationLittle gift from a marine on the USS ConstellationLittle gift from a marine on the USS ConstellationLittle gift from a marine on the USS ConstellationLittle gift from a marine on the USS ConstellationLittle gift from a marine on the USS ConstellationLittle gift from a marine on the USS ConstellationLittle gift from a marine on the USS ConstellationLittle gift from a marine on the USS ConstellationLittle gift from a marine on the USS Constellation

I wouldn't want to be on the wrong end of the Gatling gun!...

Also lucky enough to go on the USS Kitty Hawk. Some pics for all those intrested...
    Little gift from a marine on the USS ConstellationLittle gift from a marine on the USS ConstellationLittle gift from a marine on the USS ConstellationLittle gift from a marine on the USS ConstellationLittle gift from a marine on the USS ConstellationLittle gift from a marine on the USS ConstellationLittle gift from a marine on the USS ConstellationLittle gift from a marine on the USS ConstellationLittle gift from a marine on the USS ConstellationLittle gift from a marine on the USS ConstellationLittle gift from a marine on the USS ConstellationLittle gift from a marine on the USS ConstellationLittle gift from a marine on the USS ConstellationLittle gift from a marine on the USS ConstellationLittle gift from a marine on the USS ConstellationLittle gift from a marine on the USS ConstellationLittle gift from a marine on the USS ConstellationLittle gift from a marine on the USS ConstellationLittle gift from a marine on the USS ConstellationLittle gift from a marine on the USS ConstellationLittle gift from a marine on the USS ConstellationLittle gift from a marine on the USS ConstellationLittle gift from a marine on the USS ConstellationLittle gift from a marine on the USS ConstellationLittle gift from a marine on the USS ConstellationLittle gift from a marine on the USS ConstellationLittle gift from a marine on the USS ConstellationLittle gift from a marine on the USS ConstellationLittle gift from a marine on the USS ConstellationLittle gift from a marine on the USS ConstellationLittle gift from a marine on the USS ConstellationLittle gift from a marine on the USS ConstellationLittle gift from a marine on the USS ConstellationLittle gift from a marine on the USS ConstellationLittle gift from a marine on the USS ConstellationLittle gift from a marine on the USS ConstellationLittle gift from a marine on the USS Constellation

All polished and ready for display..

Great pics of your tour.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Nice photos and souvenir friend.

?

Great pic's!!! I had to see the date stamp when I saw the F14. 2003 makes sense! I had several Squid(Sailors) friends that served on the Kitty Hawk. It was nicknamed(by those that served om it) as the Shitty Kitty.
    Thanks for those pic's
    Semper Fi
    Phil

lol at Shitty Kitty! I loved the F14 tomcats. Couldnt belive how big they were

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast