Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

M1 Carbine grenade launcher

Article about: Hey guys, I picked up the reproduction launcher about a month ago. At that time I also got the launching cartridges and signal flare. The practice anti tank grenade I got three years ago for

Default M1 Carbine grenade launcher

Hey guys,

I picked up the reproduction launcher about a month ago. At that time I also got the launching cartridges and signal flare. The practice anti tank grenade I got three years ago for the whopping sum of $3 usd. The carbine is a mixed up IBM barreled receiver that looks to have come back from Korea. Just thought I would share.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1 Carbine grenade launcher   M1 Carbine grenade launcher  

Default Re: M1 Carbine grenade launcher

What a beauty !

Thanks for sharing and NICE PRICE !

Steve T

?

Can you post some close up photos of the repro grenade launcher. I never saw a repro one before, thanks, Ray

Wow! That's a really light weight barrel to be lobbing grenades with.

From what I can tell this is a reproduction launcher due to a couple of things. 1. There is no manufactures mark on it. Like a company name, logo, or symbol. 2. The finish appears to be bluing over milling marks. It does not look to have ever been parkerized.

It is a very well made piece and I would have no problem using it. Except for as stated the carbine is a very light weapon to be used for launching grenades. I have been told that it was not uncommon for the carbines to break. Most of the time it was just the stock but I guess a few even came apart in the gas piston area. I have never seen this myself but could see it being the case.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1 Carbine grenade launcher   M1 Carbine grenade launcher  

?

A very nice item, as to Carbines breaking this would not surprise me, as I've a couple of post war grenade and ordnance books, one does not mention the launcher for the M1 carbine at all, and the other states that this is no longer to be used.

Nige.
    "Now, I've designed this like a collapsing bag ! "

?

Not sure if yours is a repro, meaning not legitment military, or not. It may have been made by another country possibly on contract. I also heard there was a firm in the US that made them and they we unmarked. I had one like yours about 10 yrs ago. Long before any repros were known and it was unmarked. I have'nt kept up on the repro market so can't say for sure if it's not a repro.
    Here's my four launchers. Two carbine ones, Made by Reliance Machine & Tool co, The top one is the early type with the solid metal washer instead of the spring. Also two 1903 Springfield grenade launchers.
    I believe the carbines were mostly used to fire signal flares or regular parachute flares. Ray
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1 Carbine grenade launcher