Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

m1a1 us thomson smg magazine? anyone selling or know where I can get one?

Article about: aha, tusen tak men jeg taller ikke tysk O_O edit: nvm just spotted the english option (duh) erm I see pieces I want on that website you showed me but they are repro -.- is there any differan

Default Re: m1a1 us thomson smg magazine? anyone selling or know where I can get one?

Quote by brataccas View Post
    thanks for info, whats your opinion on this MG42 relic? would this piece be illegal to bring in the UK?

WWII German relic MG42 battle damaged part LOOK ! on eBay (end time 17-Apr-11 23:26:05 BST)
    Unless someone in customs actually recognises that as relic part of an MG42, and not just a rusty lump of metal I would be very suprised. There probably wouldnt be any problem with that piece as far as importing goes as its a relic, and is only used for holding the barrel in place and protecting it.

Regarding the Thompson, the chances of finding a deactivated lower in the UK, or a relic close to the condition of yours would be pretty low. Maybe getting in contact with a company that manufactures replicas for the piece you need, even getting in contact with a metal fabricator or someone that could cast the piece in resin would be enough? Just thinking outside the box

Thanks

Danny

Default Re: m1a1 us thomson smg magazine? anyone selling or know where I can get one?

I'd say that piece is fine as it hasn't a pressure bearing part ( Im no expert on mg42 so I maybe wrong on that) and is damaged and in relic condition. If there is some sort of pressure bearing part that can be recovered and used on another weapon then I would leave it.

You should have no problem with that.

Bolts, recievers and barrels are problem areas.

Cheers, Ade.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3