Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M24 frag sleeves - when SS is cheaper than Heer!!!!

Article about: Well here's a turn up for the books - an SS item cheaper than an army one!!! I just bought an SS fragmentation sleeve ( proper name is 'Splittering' ) for the M24 stielhandgranate. I was als

Default M24 frag sleeves - when SS is cheaper than Heer!!!!

Well here's a turn up for the books - an SS item cheaper than an army one!!!

I just bought an SS fragmentation sleeve ( proper name is 'Splittering' ) for the M24 stielhandgranate.

I was also in the running for the more complex Heer version ( theirs was a serrated version with 3 retaining clips and closer to a true fragmentation device ) BUT lost out! Why? ... because while the simple SS sleeve went for a cheap US$20 the punters went ballistic for the normal one and pushed it up to US$162!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now THATS the only time I have seen an SS item beaten by an army one!

Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M24 frag sleeves - when SS is cheaper than Heer!!!!   M24 frag sleeves - when SS is cheaper than Heer!!!!  

M24 frag sleeves - when SS is cheaper than Heer!!!!   M24 frag sleeves - when SS is cheaper than Heer!!!!  

" I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

I'm gonna get one of my men to start sawing up old tractor exhaust pipes down in the yard.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    I'm gonna get one of my men to start sawing up old tractor exhaust pipes down in the yard.
    Money for jam Ned, money for jam!!!

Youbetcha!
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I sold a few of the smooth SS Splitter rings, and they didn't fetch much either. Must add mine were relics I had picked up, and pulled of a few rotten M24's. They went for under 10 euros.

nice to know SS is not always the best.

This is the first time I'm hearing about different frag sleeves for SS and WH...any more information on this?
    cheers, Glenn

?

I have the same question, I have a couple of the smooth sleeves and I just thought they were a different type made.

Dean O

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    This is the first time I'm hearing about different frag sleeves for SS and WH...any more information on this?
    cheers, Glenn
    Thanks Glenn & Dean! Yes I initially believed that it was just a variant but some research showed otherwise.
    Also posts like this "the smooth fragmentation sleeve for the M24 Grenade was originally an SS only manufacture however when they were issued they were used by Wehrmacht units as well" by our own PAUL D convinced me.

So maybe I should qualify my comments to say ORIGINALLY SS - not ONLY SS

Cheers, Dan

The serrated sleeve that you have pictured is worth $162 US anytime. A good deal at that price. Collectors Guild had one for $595 US in not much better condition.
    Steve