Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M39 Egg Grenade Markings- Pics Attached

Article about: Hello to all!! Here are pics of an Egg grenade I just got for the collection, with ink markings still intact. It is a water recovery grenade, and is still fairly nice. Does anyone know what

Default M39 Egg Grenade Markings- Pics Attached

Hello to all!! Here are pics of an Egg grenade I just got for the collection, with ink markings still intact. It is a water recovery grenade, and is still fairly nice. Does anyone know what the "DO" means and stands for?? I have always wondered, and would like to know. I have seen it before on other grenades.

It is also ink marked with a waffenapmt, and another inked smaller 3 letter code?? or other that looks like dgg or da8 or?? Very hard to make out. The bottom of the grenade is stamped in the metal "41 bnz" Any feelings about the originality of all the ink marks?? They appear to be period and correct to me. I am already sure of the bnz bottom metal stamping, but would like opinions, and information about the other inked marks. Thanks!!

Regards, Steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M39 Egg Grenade Markings- Pics Attached   M39 Egg Grenade Markings- Pics Attached  

M39 Egg Grenade Markings- Pics Attached   M39 Egg Grenade Markings- Pics Attached  

M39 Egg Grenade Markings- Pics Attached  

Default Re: Hello! Anyone out there?? Egg Grenade Markings Help Needed

Hello!! anyone of the ordnance collectors know any answers to these questions?? I thought were simple, or easy questions. Maybe not. Please see orig post a few days ago. Thanks!

Regards, Steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M39 Egg Grenade Markings- Pics Attached   M39 Egg Grenade Markings- Pics Attached