Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

on this MG42 magazine.

Article about: Yeah but i would like to get one with original paint as i already have one German which had been repainted from Yugo army.

Default on this MG42 magazine.

Hello guys never posted on this section of the forum before. I'm interested in buying an MG42 magazine and i have found this one. It's unmarked though so i can't be certain that it is German WWII made. I know that Yugoslavian trommel magazines look like this but have some difference in details.
    Since i'm not an expert i would like to get your input on this item.
    Thanks in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture on this MG42 magazine.   on this MG42 magazine.  

on this MG42 magazine.   on this MG42 magazine.  

Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Default Re: on this MG42 magazine.

I have already these starter tab and ammo belt that i will try to fill with bullets and then place them in the magazine. Those are German WWII made so that's why i need to find a German magazine also, to complete the set.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture on this MG42 magazine.   on this MG42 magazine.  

on this MG42 magazine.   on this MG42 magazine.  

from what I can see you got a nice german WW2 drum magazine, but don't lynch me if i*m wrong and it looks like it has some of the orginal paint on it under the light green
    !! But I'm not an expert on this YET
    ZIP-military has the bullets you need

i have seen these drums in many shades of color,,,this one looks good to me....

Quote by Nordland/Danmark View Post
    from what I can see you got a nice german WW2 drum magazine, but don't lynch me if i*m wrong and it looks like it has some of the orginal paint on it under the light green
    !! But I'm not an expert on this YET
    ZIP-military has the bullets you need
    Under the light green? You mean it is repainted? I thought it was the original color. And thanks for the info regarding the bullets

Quote by militarymania View Post
    i have seen these drums in many shades of color,,,this one looks good to me....
    Hey Rob thanks for the reply. Are you referring to the color or to the magazine or both?

It is jus on the first photo, It looks like there are 2 types of paint a dark one and then the light green on top!! maby I'm wrong

Hmm i think you are right Thomas. It seems to had this color and then repainted green? But why should they do that? Unless it was repainted postwar.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture on this MG42 magazine.  

Yes maby it was used by the jugoslavian army, they used the german drums after the war for the MG53 a copy of the MG 42

There is nothing wrong whit it, you can remowe the paint, and maby you will find some stamps under there The jugo repainded the german drums!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast