Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Military Rifle Reloading

Article about: by TonyE I am old and retired, so I was speaking about before the 1988 ban on semi-autos. Back in those days I was a RFD and sold several M1 carbines over the years. My personal favourite at

?

Default Military Rifle Reloading

I reload for all the military rifles that I have,or have had, about 14 different calibers,anybody else do the same?.....Pete.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Military Rifle Reloading   Military Rifle Reloading  

Military Rifle Reloading  
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Sadly not in the UK!....

?

I do not. I have been thinking about starting because of the price of .243 ammo for my (non-military) rifle. Is it worth it?

?

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Sadly not in the UK!....
    I forgot you guys can`t do that,what a bummer!......Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

?

Quote by Pryo View Post
    I do not. I have been thinking about starting because of the price of .243 ammo for my (non-military) rifle. Is it worth it?
    I can load ammo for around $10 a box of 20,but you would have to buy all the loading equipment first,so you wouldn`t save any money unless you did a lot of shooting.....Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

I used to reload for all of my firearms many years ago. I always like the RCBS Rock Chucker press and dies. Not only can you save quite abit of money IF you buy your supplies in bulk, but you can also load rounds and make them far superior performance to factory loads. I reloaded 9mm parabellum, 8mm 8x57 mauser, 44 magnums, and 38 specials. I never did get around to doing shotgun shells, but there you really Can save decent money, I've heard.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Hi William,I really started loading because for 6.5 and 7.7 Jap Norma cost about $30 a box,same for 6.5 Carcano,so it was worth it,and then I just kept going,.270,7mm Mag,.303,and on and on......Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Hi Pete-That was basically my reason too. I got sick and tired of hunting for decently priced but reliable ammunition for the 8mm mauser, so I took up reloading and did it myself. I was also at the time reloading rounds for my Martini-Henry 450/577 and had totally run out of surplus rounds for it, so I had to buy 577 brass and neck them down for the 45 slug-which was a royal pain in the butt to do, but that was about the only option left back in the 70's. I was actually almost glad when I finally sold off the Martini, as it kicked like a mule and making ammo for it took all afternoon!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Not yet, but I intend to, because .38 S&W is expensive (at something like 35 euros a box of 50), and .303 is not all that cheap either (15 euros for a box of 20), a friend has all the equipment, and he's willing to teach me reloading techniques, and let me use his gear so long as it's for my personal ammo stockpile.

I do- I also cast bullets-swage bullets-make my own gaschecks. We do a lot of shooting as a family and that's the only way we afford it. The most in depth reloading I have done is making 7.62x45(Czech vz52 rifle) brass from 220 swift. You have to form it-trim it-turn the groove down with a lathe-anneal the neck-The caliber is a REAL pain to make but worth the time to keep the ol girl running!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast