Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

MKI Crusciform opinions

Article about: I believe the Z marking is an inspector mark. Whilst I don't own a Mk I, yet - a similar mark is present on my late Singer Mk II. It is also displayed on a Singer Mk II on Britain - No. 4 Sp

Default MKI Crusciform opinions

I picked this MKI cruciform pigsticker bayonet up yesterday at a flea market the are no markings on the scabbard please give your opinions if it looks good or bad.

Thanks z4.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture MKI Crusciform opinions   MKI Crusciform opinions  

MKI Crusciform opinions   MKI Crusciform opinions  

Looks ok to me.

The bayonet and scabbard look fine, but I think the table is getting close to needing another coat of Cuprinol. Does your missus know you carry out bayonet practice on it?

No money for Cuprinol spent it all on bayonets

?

Looks right to me, might be a later model scabbard though. I'd own it.

Jim

I'm glad you don't live in my neighborhood, there would never be any bayo's left for me!

Looks just like mine, the throat to the scabbard has markings on mine also, think it's a serial number and maybe Mk1, I'd have to check.

You're No4 Mk1 looks good, if I might add the catch should also be marked with SM41 and the scabbard ideally should be marked as per the photos I've posted for a nice Mk1 combo, good find.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture MKI Crusciform opinions   MKI Crusciform opinions  

The 77Z mark is unfamiliar to me though.....not seen it on any No4 Mk1.....must look into that.

?

Quote by Lugerlout View Post
    The 77Z mark is unfamiliar to me though.....not seen it on any No4 Mk1.....must look into that.
    I have had a look through what I have and have come up empty. The only mention I have found of a "Z" marking is on the sten MKII and it's meaning was unknown. Why it would be on an MKI I do not know.

Jim

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast