Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

MKI Crusciform opinions

Article about: I believe the Z marking is an inspector mark. Whilst I don't own a Mk I, yet - a similar mark is present on my late Singer Mk II. It is also displayed on a Singer Mk II on Britain - No. 4 Sp

?

I believe the Z marking is an inspector mark. Whilst I don't own a Mk I, yet - a similar mark is present on my late Singer Mk II. It is also displayed on a Singer Mk II on Britain - No. 4 Spike Bayonets

Quote by Lugerlout View Post
    The 77Z mark is unfamiliar to me though.....not seen it on any No4 Mk1.....must look into that.
    I have an early MKII Singer with the MKI type markings (Kings Crown, S.M etc) and it has the 77Z inspectors mark on it. I haven't got it handy but I'm sure in The Spirit of the Pike book it does have examples of MKI's with the 'Z' inspectors mark but without looking I couldn't say if they were 77Z or another Z number.

Quote by Lugerlout View Post
    You're No4 Mk1 looks good, if I might add the catch should also be marked with SM41 and the scabbard ideally should be marked as per the photos I've posted for a nice Mk1 combo, good find.
    It's not very clear but mine is marked SM42 I do have another mark one but cannot lay my hands on it at the moment.

z4
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture MKI Crusciform opinions  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2