Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Model 24 German Grenade Opinions Needed

Article about: Found this at a gun show and the guy that I bought it from was not sure if it was real so I picked it up for next to nothing. I wanted to sell it as I am trying to raise money for my next Ge

Default Model 24 German Grenade Opinions Needed

Found this at a gun show and the guy that I bought it from was not sure if it was real so I picked it up for next to nothing. I wanted to sell it as I am trying to raise money for my next German helmet purchase but I did not want to post something that is a repo so I though I would see what you guy thought. Real M-24 or a good fake? The only marking I see are on the end of the can (44 with an eagle) and it seems to have two different coats of paint. Also the inside of the can is filled with what seems to be wax.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Model 24 German Grenade Opinions Needed   Model 24 German Grenade Opinions Needed  

Model 24 German Grenade Opinions Needed   Model 24 German Grenade Opinions Needed  

Model 24 German Grenade Opinions Needed   Model 24 German Grenade Opinions Needed  

Model 24 German Grenade Opinions Needed  

?

Default Re: Model 24 German Grenade Opinions Needed

Devincu please check just above your waffenampt 44 stamp under the first layer of paint there seems to be the number 2064 you may need to hold it at a slight angle.

Regards Mark K

Mark I do see a number stamped into the can if I hold it at an angle...is that a good thing??

?

That I am not shur about it was just an observation I am afraid but every piece of information we can add to the post will not hurt I have looked at quite a few of these now and I do not believe it to be a replica but that is only my opinion as the detail looks good but you should wait for more imput as I am no expert. And I may be mistaken on the numbers it very well could be 2364 it is hard to tell for shur.

Regards Mark K
    Last edited by Mark K; 10-30-2011 at 04:41 AM. Reason: add info

Thanks Mark a very good observation indeed...I had not even seen that before. Thank you! I am anxious to find out if I have the real thing. There are so many good fakes out there it is hard to tell unless you have seen alot of them before. Either way I paid less than 50 bucks for it so I didn't get hurt too bad if it is not a good piece of militaria!

?

I know it would look really good in my collection real or not if it is a fake it would still display nice!!! Good luck I will be following along as I am curious myself.

Regards Mark K

Looks like a parts grenade Mark. The head looks original but is not original to the wooden handle. Damage to base of head by threads, but not to wood, screws have also been jacked with. The base cap looks original but not to the threaded base portion. Too big a difference in wear. Although threads are covered, there's no way it would look that new. New and used parts IMHO. An all original M24 in this shape would bring $300 or more. Great for display though.

Jay

?

Thanks for the reply and the help pointing out the many details to look for Jay very helpfull information for future refrence .

Regards Mark K