Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

more cartridges

Article about: hi folks just to share some more cartridges from my collection of bits and pieces and would like more information if you can help ,the rounds are more modern and are both 50 cal ,i believe a

Default more cartridges

hi folks just to share some more cartridges from my collection of bits and pieces and would like more information if you can help ,the rounds are more modern and are both 50 cal ,i believe after looking at the guide one is US and appears to have a jacketed bullet if thats the correct terminology ,it has L S (lake city)86 so year of manufacture ? the other has stamped 0.5 and PSD ? this is the manufacturer i cant find info on also heres a batton round (rubber bullet )ive had for a while it reads 37mm L21A1 and PSH04/03 015 are these british manufacture or american any info would be great cheers james more cartridgesmore cartridges

?

Default Re: more cartridges

The PSD will be Poongsan Metal of South Korea.....Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

many thanks pete

?

The baton round is British. Anything that has the nomenclature "LxAy" e.g. this one L21A1, is from the British military system. The US uses the "M" series of identity, e.g. M3A1.

The Poongsan round appears to be a normal M33 ball or similar, and the Lake City is a SLAP type round (Saboted Light Armour Piercing). Whilst I am not sufficiently familiar with all the US types to confirm whether it is an original LC projectile or a reloaded replica, I strongly suspect the latter. A blow up of the picture seems to show glue or similar between the petals of the sabot. Also, all the SLAP rounds I have seen have an unjacketed tungsten/steel penetrator, not a jacketed bullet.

Regards
    TonyE
    British Military Smallarms and Ammunition
    Collector, Researcher and Pedant
    https://sites.google.com/site/britmilammo/

many thanks tony ,yes the jacket and bullet does have a type of glue/resin hold it in ,well spotted ,and thanks for explaining the manufacturer and correct round types in more detail

?

Then it is as legit as the £3 note you used to pay for it!

Cheers
    TonyE
    British Military Smallarms and Ammunition
    Collector, Researcher and Pedant
    https://sites.google.com/site/britmilammo/