Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

More re-cycling center finds.

Article about: I have allready put my German incendry bomb on the German section of this forum, it was also found in the local re-cycling center. Here are two more pieces of ordnance also found there in th

Default More re-cycling center finds.

I have allready put my German incendry bomb on the German section of this forum, it was also found in the local re-cycling center. Here are two more pieces of ordnance also found there in the last 5 years. First up is a pair of 81mm. mortar rounds dated 1957, Italian I think. Next are a pair of 40mm. Bofors shells one dated 1944, the other dated 1945. These two drill rounds weigh the same as the real thing and are in very good condition, as I have said before, make friends with your local tip, things do turn up. John.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture More re-cycling center finds.   More re-cycling center finds.  

More re-cycling center finds.   More re-cycling center finds.  

Default Re: More re-cycling center finds.

John

I am taking your advice and taking a crate of beer down to the local tip as a sweetner

Very nice finds

Steve T

Unfortunately, I can only find trash at our recycle centers here in the states. You guys are so lucky living across the pond. You're in the middle of the action. Great stuff John.

Jay

Another place boys is your local copper / brass weighing in centre! Ronnie told me about all the shell cases etc these guys get in

Quote by Blackpowder44 View Post
    I have allready put my German incendry bomb on the German section of this forum, it was also found in the local re-cycling center. Here are two more pieces of ordnance also found there in the last 5 years. First up is a pair of 81mm. mortar rounds dated 1957, Italian I think. Next are a pair of 40mm. Bofors shells one dated 1944, the other dated 1945. These two drill rounds weigh the same as the real thing and are in very good condition, as I have said before, make friends with your local tip, things do turn up. John.

hey the 40 mm you show, do you know what country they were used in. I just got one that looks basicly dead on was a drill round has that same bolt on the bottom and just looking to find out more info on it. mine says 1944 drill mk111 40mm and looks the same as yours. another question, is it worth more to leave as it or to clean it up and make the brass look shinny and new again? thanks