Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

My German eggs have Arrived!!!

Article about: Jens, thanks for the correction regarding the wood egg box featured in my photograph ( post #12) and that it differs from the steel variation . You have a sharp eye to notice that. I wasn't

?

Quote by Dean View Post
    Here's a photo from my collection showing a group of Gebirgsjager 's handling these.
    Great pic of the system being discussed.

?

I do have a question about the Flare pistols that I hope someone can answer.
    The several flare pistols that I have seen, all had different types of frame materials. Some made of steel ,some made from aluminum and one other I think may have been a zinc type. If I were to look into buying one with the intention of having a correct grenade launcher setup . Does the frame Material matter? Should I look for a specific make/model?
    Thanks
    Semper Fi
    Phil

I like the one I had posted Phil. (Walther) The German's made one that had a large Z on the right side chamber area. These were from what I can find, made specifically for these applications we have been discussing. With that said. The above photo shows the Insert that was used to convert the standard pistol. The type of Grenade used with the rifled insert looked like a regular flare. To Answer Rabitholes question. These inserts are very hard to find in my opinion.
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Default sturmpistole

the frame matters a lot actually. you would really need to go with steel because every time you shoot the pistol the recoil is very hard on the gun so the frame will crack unless you get the steel version. that's what i have been told by private collectors.this goes to you AZPhil

I agree, in a perfect world, But during war time you use whatever you have. The insert is in an alloy frame as shown in the picture above. We are talking about 2 types for flare pistols. The Z model had the rifled barrel and was used for the flare grenades shown in the picture below. The other one shown in the picture in the start of this thread is the same as mine and using the stick grenade. I don't think any collector will be shooting such a valuable setup. Just saying...
    John

My German eggs have Arrived!!!My German eggs have Arrived!!!My German eggs have Arrived!!!My German eggs have Arrived!!!My German eggs have Arrived!!!

?

Thank You Gentlemen for the clarification on the info I requested.
    Semper Fi
    Phil

no problem always glad to help.

Very interesting piece to have in any collection Phil. I know one thing. When I have someone in my war room the flare pistol is the first think they ask " What's That?" Have a great day.

John

never saw them in aluminium only in brass or copper.....by the way.....saw them only in a museum before....

best regards jens
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My German eggs have Arrived!!!  

?

Quote by guns ltd View Post
    Very interesting piece to have in any collection Phil. I know one thing. When I have someone in my war room the flare pistol is the first think they ask " What's That?" Have a great day.

John
    Are we allowed a peek in your war room so to speak?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast