Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

My new 39 Egg grenade

Article about: I have always liked these and wanted one or two for my Ost front collection. This one recently came up for sale and was part of quite a few dug up in a case in the Ardenne. I believe the fus

Default My new 39 Egg grenade

I have always liked these and wanted one or two for my Ost front collection. This one recently came up for sale and was part of quite a few dug up in a case in the Ardenne. I believe the fuses were wrapped in protective paper when found hence the condition. I know buy the item not the story however the seller is of good reputation and the price was I believe less than one would normally pay for one with no provenance.
    My new 39 Egg grenade
    My new 39 Egg grenade
    My new 39 Egg grenade
    My new 39 Egg grenade

Default Re: My new 39 Egg grenade

First time I've seen one of these! Reminds me of the ww1 verson with the wire type pin? Very nice matey!

Not that different from the L2A2 grenade I used in the UK during the 80's

My new 39 Egg grenade

?

The good old L2... I think they use the L109 now...?. Many times priming these things & then lobbying them... Anyway back to your grenade.. I haven't seen 1 of these either so thanks very much for posting... Cheers Terry.

Love those M39 Eiergranaten! I was told once these were not made in Germany, but were in fact Beutewaffen. Is this the type with or without the O ring?

Nice M39 Egg! I have one myself and I think they look great in a collection of ordnance and field gear. Great fuse as well, I have quite afew of the BZE39 fuses as well, though I am yet to get a 1943 dated top, only 1944's so far.

Thanks for showing
    Regards
    Jason

Thanks for the replies,
    Feuerbach, this is the model without the O ring, However I am keeping my eye out for one of these as well.