Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

My "New" Bugs Bunny Joy Box, I am so HAPPY!!!

Article about: I traded for this at the Military show on Sat. I have always wanted one of these and it still works. I grew up Watching Bugs Bunny so this is near and dear to my heart. I have a few other ty

?

Default My "New" Bugs Bunny Joy Box, I am so HAPPY!!!

I traded for this at the Military show on Sat. I have always wanted one of these and it still works. I grew up Watching Bugs Bunny so this is near and dear to my heart.
    I have a few other types of Military ones in my collection, but this is now my Fav.

It will need some cleaning and it looks like at some point silver spray paint over sprayed on the top..but that's a small matter

Man I love this thing!!!

Dean O
    Canada

My "New" Bugs Bunny Joy Box, I am so HAPPY!!!My "New" Bugs Bunny Joy Box, I am so HAPPY!!!My "New" Bugs Bunny Joy Box, I am so HAPPY!!!My "New" Bugs Bunny Joy Box, I am so HAPPY!!!

Nice one Dean, I cannot say I have seen one of these before. I will say that I do not think that it is an original "looney tunes" piece though as it does not have the "ACME" mark to the side!! LOL Leon.
    Attached Images Attached Images My "New" Bugs Bunny Joy Box, I am so HAPPY!!! 

?

Funny you say that as I am thinking of getting a brass plate made to fit on the front where the missing one was..and of course ACME would be engraved on it...and I am not Kidding!!!! ( perhaps something else engraved like not for use against Road Runners, or "No Refunds") I will be thinking about that for awhile!!!

Great Photo!!!

Dean O

What is the internal mechanisms that operated this "box" ,,,was it just a contact being made inside the box? Regards Larry

any schematics that the Internet may provide..or a basic drawing should suffice.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Great addition to any collection. You can even use it when the annoying neighbours play loud music at night...

?

It has a Generator in the box, when the plunger is pushed down ( and it is a hard push) the generator turns and creates Electricity, this type does not let the power travel through the wires until the plunger bottoms out..and you will hear an odd whine.

The earlier types let the electricity flow through the wires as soon as the plunger started downward, This caused problems as if you had more than one charge, only enough power would go through the wires at the beginning to set off the first charge...then you would have other unexploded charges in the area....these were mainly used for Mining and go after Road Runners.

Hope this helps.

Dean O