Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

My newest bigger arrival

Article about: Just arrived a 75mm M18 1940 Shell case sadly it has been polished but over all the condition is very good the case mouth is not banged up like most of the shell cases I purchase. The one th

Default My newest bigger arrival

Just arrived a 75mm M18 1940 Shell case sadly it has been polished but over all the condition is very good the case mouth is not banged up like most of the shell cases I purchase.
    The one thing that I wish to know the seller stated it is from a Sherman tank and it is marked Normal loading they had others marked Super possibly for the A/T projectile and Reduced loads.
    Anyway the question I am asking the Sherman did not enter service till 1942 then the chances of it being fired from one are minimal and pretty much impossible to prove.

Can anyone assist with the shell case maker BB Co. TIA militaria
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My newest bigger arrival   My newest bigger arrival  

My newest bigger arrival  

could be from a grant tank with a date of 1940, same round was used for sherman, cromwell, churchill, valentine as well as a few armoured cars

Yep I agree I am thinking along the lines of the Lee Grant 75mm sponson cannon as I cannot see it staying on a shelf for 2 years waiting to be put into a M4.