Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need Help..Bullet Shell

Article about: Hey guys,I found this old case somewhere and need an ID.It`s about as long as my extended middle finger,my little finger just about fits in the hole in the end.It`s kind of a brassy color wi

?

Default Need Help..Bullet Shell

Hey guys,I found this old case somewhere and need an ID.It`s about as long as my extended middle finger,my little finger just about fits in the hole in the end.It`s kind of a brassy color with writing on the end that I can`t read,I would take a picture of it but I have misplaced it and the batteries are dead on my cheap camera.So can you tell me what it is,from which country it`s from,and how much it`s worth? I am eagerly awaiting your replies,which I will probably doubt anyway....Zwerge.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Default Re: Need Help..Bullet Shell

If you have it with you could you post the markings if they are visible?

Nice joke! The trouble is we do get posts like this done in all seriousness!

Cheers, Ade.

Zwerge

From your description it sounds like a very rare .487 inch British cartridge.

Only 500 were ever produced and you have found one. It is worth approximately £1,000 if it is undamaged. It was used in the 'Shitehawk' anti tank rifle in the early 1940's and the cartridges are called 'shite's'. It was replaced eventually by the PIAT which apparently had less of a recoil.

Nice find. Congratulations

Steve T

hmmm zwerge depends on how long n thick your fingers are it could be a .22 cal or a rare 128mm shell casing from an E100 lol

?

Gentlemen,you besmirch my credibility,enclosed forthwith are pictures of my mystery round,perhaps now you will regard this post as it should be regarded.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need Help..Bullet Shell   Need Help..Bullet Shell  

JEDEM DAS SEINE

I dont know if its just me, but the actual bullet on that looks as if it is made out of wood, possible a trench art pencil of some sort?

Thanks

Danny

Yep. As I suspected. 0.487 inch shite hawk. The absolutely definitive way of telling......take the wooden head off and smell the inside of the cartridge. It should smell of anchovies and feet if it's a shite.

Cheers

Steve T

looks like the super rare dildogeshaften round much sought after by female collectors globally

?

WELL,now I enter the denial stage,even though you seem to have TENTATIVELY identified it,the wooden bullet is actually 0.484 and it smells more like curry inside,do you have any better suggestions as to what I should do with it ? Dildogeschaften,hmmmm,long and thin gets right in ?
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast