Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

need help to identyfy a 10,5 cm shell.

Article about: by kurto hi matt l. i found this projectile on a german ammo dump. only few kilometers away from mkb tromsø 1/512. were they had 3 skc 45/06 . i also have a copy of the original document .wr

?

Default need help to identyfy a 10,5 cm shell.

hi there. need some help to identify a 10,5 cm shell . it is fore the skc 32. hope some of you have a picture of a 10,5 cm ap shell. and the color it was painted in. was it several types of this. pictures will come later on.-. regards kurt.

?

Default Re: need help to identyfy a 10,5 cm shell.

Here is my image of the 10.5cm skc 32 ap shell.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture need help to identyfy a 10,5 cm shell.  

?

Your pictures do not open,but try this link....Pete..Google Image Result for http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b272/Zoidman85/IMG_1045.jpg..
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

?

I'd be surprised if the markings on the cartridge were real- all the German ammunition I've ever seen has the text going perpendicular to the axis, not axially, and there are errors- it's not 'SKC/ 32' it's 'SK C/32', and I've never seen all capitals. The projectile doesn't look right for a German 10,5cm either- there's only one driving band and I've only ever seen them with 2. Are there stamped markings on the base of the cartridge and on the projectile?
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

?

hi. oh it is german .and it is found with other 10,5 sk c/32. it has two WaAmt in late marine style. and the three letter stamp bqo . the cartridge is in steel an is marked with CK duw 10,5cm 32ST. and above this is a five arm star. and some thing that looks like 377 and the WaAmt in kriegs marine style. and last 42 fore the year it was made-. and at the bottom of the projectile in the senter . were the flare could be . not on this then. Bdvsshh ?? i10,5 cm. . and more . the two press rings in the cartridge is like all the others i have. same on the chell. so a SK C/32 IT IS. but is it a semi ap ore something else. it is shorter than the standard flak shell. and a lot heavier ..

?

Interesting- 7,5cm is the highest calibre I've seen that still used only one driving band, and that was for the less-powerful kinds; from the 7,5cm KwK42 rounds up I've only ever seen two bands. Unfortunately, the reference I have on German explosive ordnance doesn't include KM types.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

?

Does this shell have a tracer or cavity for a tracer in the base ?
    And is the shell fitted with a fuze, or is it solid metal ?
    More detailled pictures perhaps ?

The germans used a practice projectile with 1 band for the 10,5 cm S.K. C/32.

Shellcase has typical norwegian postwar black markings, but the shellcase itself is 100% german.

?

hi matt l. i found this projectile on a german ammo dump. only few kilometers away from mkb tromsø 1/512. were they had 3 skc 45/06 . i also have a copy of the original document .written by the germans. it is a list over the different guns and bunkers , and other things. i have several books were the rounds are described . and there were two types ap shells .but this shell is different. it is open in the top. and do not have a bdz fuze . what i am trying to say is that the skl 45/06 guns were re built to take the c32 round . i have two more of this type shell. so therefore i am certain it is a c32 round., regards kurt.

?

hi hosa. i wrote earlier that it has a cavity for a tracer , it has thick walls and it weights more than the standard sprgr . so it is not massive no. it has a top mounted fuze like the spgr . were the practice round used in norway massive ?? not sure on the shellcase have norwegian markings. this shellcase has no norwegian stamps . and i have seen several others like this one . but im no expert :-) regards kurt. pictures will come . later.

?

@Kurto, ok, this sounds like a 10,5 cm Üb.Spgr. L/3,6 to me.
    These shells consisted out of 3 parts: shell body, fuze adapter and the fuze.
    Length is, as the name allready says (10,5x3,6): 378 mm
    Fuze should be either a KZ nA. f. Spgr. or a KZ f. Spgr.

I don't know if the Norwegian forces used solid practice rounds, but i doubt it.
    The only solid shell i know for 10,5 cm S.K. C/32 is the proof shot.

I am absolutely sure that the markings on the case are Post WW2 Norwegian, they are certainly not according to german WW2 regulations.
    Have a look, these cases often have "Flammfritt" (i don't know if i spelled it correctly) stencilled on it, in red.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast