Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

need help to identyfy a 10,5 cm shell.

Article about: by kurto hi matt l. i found this projectile on a german ammo dump. only few kilometers away from mkb tromsø 1/512. were they had 3 skc 45/06 . i also have a copy of the original document .wr

?

Default Re: need help to identyfy a 10,5 cm shell.

Quote by kurto View Post
    hi matt l. i found this projectile on a german ammo dump. only few kilometers away from mkb tromsø 1/512. were they had 3 skc 45/06 . i also have a copy of the original document .written by the germans. it is a list over the different guns and bunkers , and other things. i have several books were the rounds are described . and there were two types ap shells .but this shell is different. it is open in the top. and do not have a bdz fuze . what i am trying to say is that the skl 45/06 guns were re built to take the c32 round . i have two more of this type shell. so therefore i am certain it is a c32 round., regards kurt.
    Oh I wasn't expressing further doubt that it's German- as soon as you wrote that there are Waffenamt stamps on it, it obviously IS German; I was just pointing out the unusual nature of the shell since that would- and it seems from Hosa's posts that it does- help identify the shell as unusual
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

?

@Matt L: i would not describe this shell as unusual, it's a well documented Kriegsmarine practice shell, this type if shell was made for other guns/calibers as well.

?

Here is some pictures: Hope they are OK.

This is AP 10.5cm . Live or for exercise shooting? Color of the shell?

?

?

Yes, that's a 10,5 cm Üb.Spgr. L/3,6.

?

hmmmmok . ok but this shell is 34,6 cm long. an the color on this is ?????

?

Kriegsmarine practiceshells were red (RAL 2002), the drivingband is not painted and everything underneath the drivingband should be black.
    In addition, there should be a 10 mm high black ring painted directly below the fuze.

?

hi there.hmm ok. thanks for the info. i will try to get it fixed opp . but why is it so solid . why the thick walls on it. and what type fuzes did i use did you say. regards kurt.

?

Unusual [ʌnˈjuːʒʊəl]
    adj
    - not common or ordinarily encountered.

Funny, that would seem to make practice rounds unusual by definition- since a 'usual' 10,5cm shell is either HE or AP.

I was mistaken about the single driving band though- there are a number of 10,5cm shells that had just one, so it's not unusual for the type.

Silly semantics aside, it's interesting that the KM ones are red- Luftwaffe and Heer (I think?) were colour-coded gray. I've seen some with 'Üb' for 'Übungs' marked on as well.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

?

hi. hmm ok. i do not know these shells to good . but very nice to get some advice . it is hard to find something on net .that tells me the color on shells . i like pictures of shells. that is a god help to identify the type or to fix them up . i am collecting the german types and some french and norwegians .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2