Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Need Help! Possible ww2 20MM GERMAN ANTI-AIRCRAFT ROUND

Article about: Hi everyone, I'm normally on the medal pages of the forum but glad I found this section. (hopefully the right place to ask about this item). Can anyone please tell me if this is an original

?

Default Need Help! Possible ww2 20MM GERMAN ANTI-AIRCRAFT ROUND

Hi everyone, I'm normally on the medal pages of the forum but glad I found this section. (hopefully the right place to ask about this item).

Can anyone please tell me if this is an original ww2 20mm anti-aircraft round? Said to be deactivated and 20.5cm high.

Any help is much appreciated

Need Help! Possible ww2 20MM GERMAN ANTI-AIRCRAFT ROUNDNeed Help! Possible ww2 20MM GERMAN ANTI-AIRCRAFT ROUNDNeed Help! Possible ww2 20MM GERMAN ANTI-AIRCRAFT ROUNDNeed Help! Possible ww2 20MM GERMAN ANTI-AIRCRAFT ROUNDNeed Help! Possible ww2 20MM GERMAN ANTI-AIRCRAFT ROUND

Luckily for you, we have a certain member here who happens to be an expert on these. I'm sure he'll be along to help you soon.

It's a one-look original to me, but our resident expert will be able to tell you more about this round than you could ever want to know. Stick around, and he'll be along shortly.

Regards, B.B.

?

Hi B.B, thank you for you kind reply. I would love to learn more about these. I will be posting a second one soon, but they are very similar.

?

This is a very cool round! Its a special variation
    Its still the Standard Armour Piercing tracer however the O stamp on the projectile means “Ohne Ladung” with out filler ( so no self destruction or Phosphorus)

So let me break down the markings
    Projectile
    P490 - “HASAG” Hugo Schneider AG
    3 - 3rd batch
    39 - year of manufacturing

Overall a pretty neat and good condition round, one i would like to get eventually!

?

Thank you so much Jb4046