Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Need some help Identifying this bomb.

Article about: It looks very similar to this........... http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/ordina.../bomb-id-6875/ ......which was ID'd as a very old RFC practice bomb. The more I look at it, the more it looks

Default Re: Need some help Identifying this bomb.

It looks very similar to this...........

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/ordin.../bomb-id-6875/

......which was ID'd as a very old RFC practice bomb. The more I look at it, the more it looks too small to be anything other than practice. However, you still need to get it checked out.

Steve T

Well, on google images I had found a picture of the ballon bomb and it looked different. I forgot to bookmark the site. I am from the United States in particular California, so I thought it might be one of the ballon bombs at first. I have a gunsmith with a friend who's on the local bomb squad that can check it out.

If there's any additional info I can give to help identify it, just let me know.

I am fairly certain it's the same as in the thread I linked in my previous post. The picture in that post even shows measurements so see if yours is the same size.

Steve T

I'll measure it when I get home from work today.

?

It is a Japanese 1 Kg practice bomb.
    Attached Images Attached Images Need some help Identifying this bomb. 

toets

Welcome to the forum. Excellent ID.......many thanks

Steve T

PS Doumastic - Note that there is a small charge in the bomb. You need to get it checked out. Don't assume that, just because it is a practice bomb, it is safe.

About a year ago i got a green metal stick grenade which was captured by a US soldier in Cambodia in 1967. I took it to my friend in EOD and he said it was deactivated and safe. I took it home and was curious about the handle which looked like it came apart after pulling a ring. I pulled the ring and the thing blew apart in my face. I thought I had bought the farm!!! It turned out to just be a spring loaded parachute which was stored in the handle. The North Vietnamese would throw these above our armoured vehicles and it would float down setting off a shaped charge which would penetrate the armour. My friend in EOD got a good laugh when I told him about it. The moral of the story is to get this stuff checked out by your local EOD or police. EOD will even come to your house to check things out if you are suspicous. Veterans brought back tons of this stuff (live). I have came across many live items in the last few years. One was a live rocket in a LAW rocket launcher. You can't be too careful, this stuff will kill you!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2