Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

An Old-Time Cartridge..38-55

Article about: A couple more old-timers...and then I shall disappear,like a phantom into the mist..

?

Default Re: An Old-Time Cartridge..38-55

Interesting info. I noticed the very heavy neck on the brass and with the info on the .22 adapter it makes sense. What is the MV and ME? I am not much into reloading.

Regards, Lars

?

Quote by Datrus View Post
    Interesting info. I noticed the very heavy neck on the brass and with the info on the .22 adapter it makes sense. What is the MV and ME? I am not much into reloading.

Regards, Lars
    That info is on the chart I posted,MV is muzzle velocity and ME is muzzle energy....Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

?

Some of the clips and chargers I have......Pete.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture An Old-Time Cartridge..38-55   An Old-Time Cartridge..38-55  

JEDEM DAS SEINE

?

Looks good

What is the big "thing" on the upper mid?

Regards, Lars

?

JEDEM DAS SEINE

?

I see. A Breda clip. Never seen one before

?

When the L1A1 rifle (FN FAL) was under development in the UK (c.1954-5) a similar type charger was under consideration. It was known as the "Horseshoe" charger and examples are very hard to find today.

Also, during WW2 a similar charger was tried for the Bren gun, two chargers filling a magazine.

Picture shows a 7.62mm Horseshoe charger made by Thomas French Ltd and an ammuntion label from the same period, plus a 14 round .303 Bren gun charger.

Regards
    TonyE
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture An Old-Time Cartridge..38-55   An Old-Time Cartridge..38-55  

Attached Images Attached Images An Old-Time Cartridge..38-55 
    British Military Smallarms and Ammunition
    Collector, Researcher and Pedant
    https://sites.google.com/site/britmilammo/

?

Dear COLT 1911A1 !
    As I have a special interest on all conversions of 11.3 mm Gasser M1870 Montenegrin revolvers and 11.3 mm Montenegrin ammo I would like to know if teh shown on your 4th attached photo 11.3 mm Gasser Montenegrin bullet is available for sale by you as I would be very interested to buy it. In negative case I would be also very interested to view more detailed photos of it and eventually to examine it in person, as we are both Greeks living in Greece. If you agree, by all means I'll be looking forward to hear from you soon.
    Regards: Thalis

Hi there Thalis, i just got back from vacation and noticed your request. Unfortunately i don't have the specific cartridge anymore...I gave it to a good friend of mine as a gift, to display it, under the old rusted Montenegrin-Gasser he found in a tree in the vicinity of his village property. The guy lives near my house but he has also a village house near Larrisa Thessaly. So this cart. together with a rusty skeletonized Montenegrin now rest on top of his fireplace...sorry...But i can tell you it was empty with fired primer and somebody had stuck a .45 Auto slug in it to look complete...This was the reason that i gave the Frankencartridge away. Do you have any authentic 11.3mm Montenegrin? I think that they are pretty hard to find...
    My best regards, συγνώμη για τα άσχημα νέα, Thanos.

?

Here`s a picture showing perfect expansion of a bullet from a .444 Marlin and the deer killed with it.

An Old-Time Cartridge..38-55  
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast