Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Original wartime Kurz 7.92x33 wanted!!

Article about: Hey guys, I'm collecting Kurz rounds by head stamp, date, batch, etc. I'm looking for any "kam" stamped ammo in particular, but really anything that I need. THANKS guys!

?

Default Original wartime Kurz 7.92x33 wanted!!

Hey guys, I'm collecting Kurz rounds by head stamp, date, batch, etc. I'm looking for any "kam" stamped ammo in particular, but really anything that I need. THANKS guys!

Have been collecting Kurz for a little while - have a small collection of bits for my MP44's.

In the US, the KAM factory stamp, sintered steel projectiles, Dummy rounds and tracer are almost impossible to find. I have two dummy rounds and one KAM headstamp, but they were all bought abroad.

I have about 100 different Headstamps (doubles) for trade, possibly a 1000 loose.
    In my 7,9x33 crate (see pic), there are 166 of the 205 or so different stamps, so I am still looking -

Good luck, let me know if you have some trades.

I collect ammunition. Mainly 303 but I did turn this one up . ......
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Original wartime Kurz 7.92x33 wanted!!  

Nice original WW2 7,9x33 drill round, John -

The Postwar DDR ones are black plastic.
    It is interesting the metal always seems to be rusted on those, I wonder if it was a chemical content in the plastic.

?

Lol, hey Jesse, it's Josh Doran here, lol.

Sorry fellas NFS 😉

Small world - Josh,

Have you tried the IAA boards - ?

Here is some of my trade inventory - trade ammo from WW2 ammo (bagged and loose) is all makers except KAM. Dates (1944 + 1945) and batch numbers across the board.
    I am only interested in trading - not selling.

Looking for: AUX 41, 42, 43, dates.
    Anything marked: 7,9
    KAM and any rare loadings.
    Blanks, dummies, sintered steel projectiles.
    Spanish, Argentine, Greek cases.

?

There are much more than 205 different HS WW II 7.92x33 cartridges.

Please send me a better picture from the 1944 hla 3 wooden box label.

Thanks
    Norbert

?

Original wartime Kurz 7.92x33 wanted!!
    Quote by 8x33 View Post
    There are much more than 205 different HS WW II 7.92x33 cartridges.

Please send me a better picture from the 1944 hla 3 wooden box label.

Thanks
    Norbert

Hi Norbert -

I have had your chart on my computer for some time - it is a great reference, thank you!

Yes, you are correct, with all the variations there are a lot more WW2 Kurz to collect, I have decided not to collect the different primer materials, or plated projectile types but simply by factory, date and code.
    The availability of those rarer variations is basically nil here in the US, and importing Kurz from Europe is almost impossible, or at the very least it is legally complex.

The 1942 and KAM rounds I did eventually find - took years, and came about through a series of lucky opportunities - otherwise, I have never seen anything prior to 1943, and absolutely no KAM for sale here in the US, let alone rarer Kurz projectiles, sintered steel, tracer etc.,

I have the same user-name on IAA, Gunboards, WAF and about fifteen other collecting forums, you and I have spoken, in thread and via PM previously.

Drop me a PM with your email and I'll send a high resolution image of the sticker - otherwise they all have to go through photo bucket my server, and will not be great quality.

Nice to talk to you again -

Pit (Jesse)