Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

is this an original WWI German grenade of some type?

Article about: described as a rare Kugel? ebay seller: metalsmith37 WW1 German Trench Art World War One German Trench Club WW1 Helmet | eBay

Default is this an original WWI German grenade of some type?

described as a rare Kugel?

ebay seller: metalsmith37

WW1 German Trench Art World War One German Trench Club WW1 Helmet | eBay

is this an original WWI German grenade of some type?is this an original WWI German grenade of some type?is this an original WWI German grenade of some type?is this an original WWI German grenade of some type?is this an original WWI German grenade of some type?

?

Hi Battle gear, I am by no means the most clued up on WW1 items but I am fairly sure the wooden shaft and mechanism at least is very early WW1 German stick grenade. I could be wrong but I think I have seen one before. How ever not sure at all about the head. I am pretty sure even the earliest German stick grenades had "cans" you can even see the threading at the top were I would believe the can would screw onto. very interesting piece! Wait for others to chime in though. Cheers, Sean.

Vestiges Militaria

I found this interesting site and it turns out kugel grenades were indeed sometimes stick mounted, you have to scroll down a fair bit!...

?

I have a couple of that type in my collection, as a rule the wooden handles are replacements. They are quite rare.

Dean O

?

I just took a look at it on the site, I was correct in that the handle is a replacement..still a great piece!!! I want to know what it will go for.

Dean O

Quote by CampX View Post
    I just took a look at it on the site, I was correct in that the handle is a replacement..still a great piece!!! I want to know what it will go for.

Dean O
    Winning bid:

US $760.00

it must be a very rare & valuable piece

?

WOW, I am happy I didn't that much for mine!!

Here are the 2 I have both have replacement handles

Dean O
    Ajax Canada

is this an original WWI German grenade of some type?is this an original WWI German grenade of some type?