Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Panzerfaust

Article about: I found this panzerfaust 30 near a foxhole in Germany.

?

Default Re: Panzerfaust

Quote by packin9 View Post
    Will it go..BOOM?
    Looks a live one to me !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

It's not deactivated yet,So I put it back in the ground in a very safe and secluded spot until I can get someone that knows what there doing to give me a hand.
    ( You don't know anyone do you?) lol

And I was very surprised at the condition of it too,It looks better then some I've seen in museums.

Dave.

As far as I know it's as live as can be at least that's how I'm treating it, I'm not sure how this stuff degrades over time. ( So I'm playing it safe )
    Needless to say when I was done digging that day I had to go home and change my diaper! ( Or nappy for those of you in the UK. ) LoL

I would leave it as it is.. U have some nice pictures of this panzerfaust to remember this find.. I think it's hard to find people that are willing to deactivate these kinds of explosives. If they want to, they probably will let it go "pop".

cheers,

Angry Re: Panzerfaust That thing will kill you

That item is in good enough condition to blow you to bits. It's a 30 and even if its firing charge is not loaded it's warhead is good to go and probably VERY unstable. It should be blown in place.

That's true,But I've been trying to get in touch with a man in Belgium that knows how to deactivate these type of explosives.
    I'll post an update if I can get it made safe.

Thanks for your interest and for your concern.

Dave.

Good luck Bung. I hope you get it neutralized. It would be a shame to destroy it and it would be one heck of an addition to your collection. Ron

nice find mate obv from the pics ud just dug it up so it will go boom if misshandles to answer the question packin

Quote by panzerjaeger44 View Post
    nice find mate obv from the pics ud just dug it up so it will go boom if misshandles to answer the question packin
    I figured as much, but still I was interested in his reply. You never know what someone will do. . Like the thread 'look what I found in my back yard'.

Hey guys I thank maybe I should let you know that I'm stationed here in Germany with the US. Military,And that I've worked with ordinance in the past and intend to proceed with the utmost care and caution with the help of our EOD guys.

So put your minds at ease ( There will be no unnecessary risk for any souvenir )

Thanks,

Dave.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast