Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Putting 88 shell back together

Article about: Excellent- glad to hear it all helped. Smart ideas freezing and heating the parts to allow just that much more space for movement- I should have thought of them myself

?

Default Re: Putting 88 shell back together

Excellent- glad to hear it all helped. Smart ideas freezing and heating the parts to allow just that much more space for movement- I should have thought of them myself
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

?

I'm glad you got them to fit back together. Cass

?

WE WANT PICTURES!
    Seriously, I'd love to see that round in it's full glory

Here are are a couple, I'm not really happy with the casing color but I wanted to get some color on it as protection, although it still looks a bit too "Finnish"!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Putting 88 shell back together   Putting 88 shell back together  

?

Great pictures. Thanks!

?

Thumbs up Re: Putting 88 shell back together

That is SWEEEET. That would look awesome in MY den

?

If it'll help, I can post a picture of my Sprgr that has maybe 80% of its original paint- monitor displays of color can be different, but it could be useful.

That would be helpful, if you could. How would you describe the proper color? I have this photo but could not find the right paint.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Putting 88 shell back together  

?

This is sort of it- a bit brighter than reality but it's the best I can get. The actual color is very mustard- not the bright yellow like French's, but real mustard, so more tan, with some golden yellow in it- that's how I'd mix to make it myself. And it's not gloss- it's flat/ matte. The color at the bottom of the photo is more like it- the top is brighter because of the light.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Putting 88 shell back together  

Thanks Matt, that will help. I copied the shell color from the attached photo, but like I said, it still looks a little "Finnish" to me. Also, if you know, what is the correct stenciling on the case and projectile in terms of what should be written on them, in what font and what size?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast