Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

QF 6-Pdr Gunsight

Article about: Hello folks. Nothing rare or special here, but an interesting object that isn't seen too often. This telescopic sight was fitted to the QF 6-Pounder 7 cwt anti-tank gun, pictured below. Mark

Strangely the British stuff seems harder to come by. I have a couple of regular dealers I see at fairs, Relics from the Front and BFR Militaria, and a source or two on Facebook. Things do sometimes crop up on Ebay, postage then becomes an issue, many are listed as collection only. Milweb might also advertise the odd piece in their spare parts sections.

Quote by Tank Spotter View Post
    Strangely the British stuff seems harder to come by. I have a couple of regular dealers I see at fairs, Relics from the Front and BFR Militaria, and a source or two on Facebook. Things do sometimes crop up on Ebay, postage then becomes an issue, many are listed as collection only. Milweb might also advertise the odd piece in their spare parts sections.
    I do spend some time on Relics From the Front, looking for bits and pieces. Anything they list tends to sell rather quickly. If you ever run across some smaller parts from a Cromwell tank, let me know!

B.B.

...not my field but "smaller parts"?........I guess there MUST be some....but I bet they ain't LIGHTER parts!

Forget shelves!! :-)

i've got around 250 tons of it in my yard a lot of it isn't useable in restorations so you guys are welcome to those parts. i'm based in manchester

my old cromwell and churchill
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture QF 6-Pdr Gunsight   QF 6-Pdr Gunsight  

Not something you see in a collection everyday! What became of them?

I'm a bit tied down for money at the moment, but in a month or two I might be interested in some bits of tank!

B.B.

they both ended up in russia. the cromwell is in a museum in moscow and the churchill is awaiting restoration

don't worry about the money you can have the scrap parts for free. they are no use to me and i can't bring myself to weigh them in, so i'd be happy to see them go to a good home

What sort of thing are you looking to get rid of? I'm interested, and I'm sure there are other members here who would be just as interested in giving those leftovers a good home.

B.B.

i have a few damaged covenanter/crusader road wheels

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2