Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Rare C96 ammo in 9x25mm

Article about: I picked up some ammo for a C96 broomhandle Mauser in the rarer 9x25mm still in the box. I'm dying to look at the headstamps on them but they are post war sealed and not sure if I should tak

Default Rare C96 ammo in 9x25mm

Rare C96 ammo in 9x25mm
    Rare C96 ammo in 9x25mm
    Rare C96 ammo in 9x25mm

I picked up some ammo for a C96 broomhandle Mauser in the rarer 9x25mm still in the box. I'm dying to look at the headstamps on them but they are post war sealed and not sure if I should take the shrinkwrap off. What say you guys?

MAP
    ?

Post WW1 or WW2?

If post WW2, heck, I would take a razor blade and open them up.....But maybe the ammo guys who collect this stuff have a more "logical" and informed view
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Plastic shrinkwrap stamped made in Germany I would assume post ww2. MAP I consider myself an ammo guy but this one is beyond me. I think those answers lie in the box..

MAP
    ?

I was thinking the shrink wrap was glued on. But if it slides off you are left with the original (out of the factory) packaging.

So....heck yeah, take that wrap off!!!

(Again....don't listen to me )

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thinking.. Thinking..

From a collectors view point, all the seals have already been broken, so there's that. The atf started requiring the country of manufacture had to be stamped on imported ammo around 20 years ago or something like that. I'd take a razor to it, it's not original as far as the broken seals go.

?

If you don`t open it,it will drive you crazy,who knows what is in there,just one razor cut away......HEHE.....Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Rare C96 ammo in 9x25mm
    Rare C96 ammo in 9x25mm

Wow I didn't expect this!.. Only 19 rounds instead of 20. The empty slot was filled with cotton. Also only 1 stripper clip instead of two. The stripper clip is good as it's marked DWM. All of the rounds are steel jacket with
    DWM K-K 487 stamped. No idea what those signify other than DWM.

MAP
    ?

Quote by UK Cousin View Post
    Wow I didn't expect this!.. Only 19 rounds instead of 20. The empty slot was filled with cotton. Also only 1 stripper clip instead of two. ........
    ROFL.....Sorry.....gotta scratch your head on this one.

I'm just happy to have some of this original ammo. Try finding this stuff for sale anywhere is damn near impossible. Hey Paul! It was at the gun show we went to in Minnesota. We walked right by it the first day. I went that Sunday and found it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast