Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Rare C96 ammo in 9x25mm

Article about: I picked up some ammo for a C96 broomhandle Mauser in the rarer 9x25mm still in the box. I'm dying to look at the headstamps on them but they are post war sealed and not sure if I should tak

Map I should have shoved another round of 9x19 in there and just lied lol!

So the question becomes if anyone can give me a ballpark date on these I'd appreciate it.

?

From Wiki! I have a M1930 and the " Know your Broomhandle Mauser" Book byR.J. Berg and had to look that caliber up. I knew that the 7.63MM Mauser and the 9mm Parabellum but not that one!! Very Cool Cous.

"The 9×25mm Mauser (or 9mm Mauser Export) was a cartridge developed for the Mauser C96 service pistol around 1904 by DWM. Mauser pistols in this relatively powerful caliber were primarily intended for export to Africa, Asia, and South America. The 9mm Mauser Export cartridge was produced specifically for Mauser pistols and carbines made from 1904 to 1914 and then later from approximately 1930 to 1945 for submachine guns chambered for this caliber.
    The basis of this cartridge was the 7.63×25mm Mauser. The case length is the same as the 7.63×25mm Mauser, but the case is straight and does not have a bottleneck shape. This cartridge headspaces on the mouth of the case. The 9 mm Mauser should not be confused with the 9×19mm Parabellum (9×19mm Luger) or the 9×23mm Steyr."

Semper Fi
    Phil

So being an export cartridge I'd say is wasnt during war time. They would have been busy with other production goals. Thanks Phil.

?

Found this one trying to find the Ballistics of this round. It was a stout one. It did have it's comeback!

https://everything.explained.today/9×25mm_Mauser/

I did a copy paste for the link above and have to ask.Is the link working for other's? When I click on it in this post It take me to a sorry page, But when I cut and paste it opens correctly??????

I like the nickname Bom Bom!!!

Semper Fi
    Phil
    Last edited by AZPhil; 10-23-2019 at 11:03 PM.

That's cool Darren! That's why I always go slow, some of those tables are so full, it takes time to see it all lol

Lightbulb

Nice find ! Interesting to see the earlier-type packaging.

In my collection, I have a box of 1940-dated Mauser 9mm 'Long' which is complete with both stripper clips containing 8 rounds each. The clip markings match both box and cartridge headstamps.

Rare C96 ammo in 9x25mm

Rare C96 ammo in 9x25mm

Rare C96 ammo in 9x25mm

These aren't easy items to find.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2