Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Rare Chinese 75mm Shell Case Carboot Find!

Article about: Found this real little gem of an item at our local car-boot a few weeks ago. When i picked it up i guessed it was either Chinese or maybe Jap and quite old possibly WW1 era. The seller wante

Default Rare Chinese 75mm Shell Case Carboot Find!

Found this real little gem of an item at our local car-boot a few weeks ago. When i picked it up i guessed it was either Chinese or maybe Jap and quite old possibly WW1 era. The seller wanted £10.00 and wouldnt budge as he said it was unusual. Fair enough i gave him a tenner and when home took it down to the local Chinese Take-Away and they identified the info on the headstamping as Chinese. They told me it was manufactured in Shanghai in 1910 which is what the markings translate to. So mystery solved there on the origin of this piece. Its a 75mm 'stub' shell casing and this type of Chinese shell case like anything Chinese ordnance related is very scarce indeed and worth quite bit more than a tenner. This just goes to show that the local car-boot is allways worth a visit as you never know what you might come across. Regards, Tim.

Default Re: Rare Chinese 75mm Shell Case Carboot Find!

Lucky find! Now your next step is to get a round to put in it.

Quote by packin9 View Post
    Lucky find! Now your next step is to get a round to put in it.
    I think that would be great! Ive not a clue what the projectile looked like as i can find no resources anywhere on Chinese ammo-seems rare as rockin horse muck! Regards, Tim.

Falschirmjager, try this site for info on ammo, click the link on ammunition data tables. Might even have a photo on here of the round for your shell. Hope this helps. BOOKS BY ANTHONY G WILLIAMS

Quote by shadowwolf View Post
    Falschirmjager, try this site for info on ammo, click the link on ammunition data tables. Might even have a photo on here of the round for your shell. Hope this helps. BOOKS BY ANTHONY G WILLIAMS
    Thankyou very much and i will have a look through and see if i can find anything on this elusive one! Regards, Tim.