Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Rauchsichtzelchen Orange #80 Smoke Candle

Article about: Hi, here is Rauchsichtzelchen Orange #80 Smoke Candle that was recovered in Volgograd area. A friend sent it with a pioneer tag and other items. It is made of lightweight aluminum. It's not

Default Rauchsichtzelchen Orange #80 Smoke Candle

Hi, here is Rauchsichtzelchen Orange #80 Smoke Candle that was recovered in Volgograd area. A friend sent it with a pioneer tag and other items. It is made of lightweight aluminum. It's not too bad condition......and........ the price was right.....nothing.

Originally it would have had a small pull ring and string under the cap, and you would pull it sharply like an M39 Egg grenade fuze. The fuze delay on these smoke candles was 1.5- 2.5 seconds.
    These smoke candles also came in 2 other versions a little larger, #100 and 120 if I recall correctly. They were mostly used for signaling aircraft I think, but could be used for ground troops, or any signaling I would assume.

Steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rauchsichtzelchen Orange #80 Smoke Candle   Rauchsichtzelchen Orange #80 Smoke Candle  

Rauchsichtzelchen Orange #80 Smoke Candle   Rauchsichtzelchen Orange #80 Smoke Candle  

Default Re: Rauchsichtzelchen Orange #80 Smoke Candle

Great piece of German ordnance...BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Quote by Bill Grist View Post
    Great piece of German ordnance...BILL
    Thanks Bill. These are tough little guys to find. I have wanted an example for a while now. Happy to have this one, even with the condition issues.

Steve

That is a fantastic piece Steve. It's hard to believe that the printing survived the elements so well. I think it's in great shape, and like you said, can't beat the price. Thanks for showing.

Jay

Quote by sitges1990 View Post
    That is a fantastic piece Steve. It's hard to believe that the printing survived the elements so well. I think it's in great shape, and like you said, can't beat the price. Thanks for showing.

Jay

Hi Jay, Thanks. It must be the soil where it was found.

Steve