Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

RCL 106mm refurbed

Article about: I have had in my bigger stuff collected 2 empty 106mm RCL Prac cases for years then recently had the opportunity to get a HEAT Finned head among a pile of other ordnance it was a bit tardy l

Default RCL 106mm refurbed

I have had in my bigger stuff collected 2 empty 106mm RCL Prac cases for years then recently had the opportunity to get a HEAT Finned head among a pile of other ordnance it was a bit tardy looking so cleaned & painted it did not do anything with the fins as they are a bit damaged from ground impact must have been at extreme range as it is virtually undamaged. I gather after firing and leaving the barrel the fins deploy as it has like a plunger arrangement underneath the base of the HEAT that appears to cam the fins out.
    The 303 cartridge on the Rt is for scale the whole unit is pretty heavy.
    These things are hard to get here in Aus so I am pretty chuffed to have one in my collection. Will gradually post stuff that I have if the forum is interested.
    Cheers
    CINDERSII
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RCL 106mm refurbed   RCL 106mm refurbed  

RCL 106mm refurbed   RCL 106mm refurbed  

RCL 106mm refurbed  
    Last edited by CINDERSII; 06-16-2017 at 02:01 AM.