MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Real or Fake Stielhandgranate M24 ????

Article about: Mate, thanks for your time and expertise in these items.....I've never tried to own an original, I do have a solid wood replica just for fun..... This will certainly help those looking for o

?

Default Re: Real or Fake Stielhandgranate M24 ????

Mate, thanks for your time and expertise in these items.....I've never tried to own an original, I do have a solid wood replica just for fun.....
    This will certainly help those looking for original items, a great reference

Great post, and much needed information for those like myself, I own one but it is a dug up relic, maybe you can add some info on relic ones or some restoration tips, just a thought.

?

Great thread! Did not know anything about these before. Very informative! Thank you!

Thank you very much for sharing. I'm just starting to look at these, but when I see the price of the originals yikes I just want one for a shadow box idea I have, but 300-500 makes my wallet scream. They are a very interesting item though. Myabe I'll talk myself into it eventually, but I'll have the knowledge first

?

Thank You jeeeensy . Excellent and very interesting thread!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Thanks for the nice comments,, I'll add to the post as time goes on,, will dod some relics and cleanig tips later.

I see a lot of fakes at shows and in collections.. It is very difficult to educate a dealer who "Knows it's a real gren" and you know 100% for sure its not, had some interesting conversations at fairs/show even better ones with collectors who have had an item for many many years and you try to inform them its a fake,
    Still , its the age old saying " You can take a horse to water,but you cant't make him drink it "

Kind Regards nick ..

?

Many thanks Nick for taking time to post this educational thread
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Excellent and informative thread Nick, this will be of use to many of us.
    By the way, at the Chelsea flower show heard; "You can take a whore to horticulture but you can't make her think".
    Cheers,
    navyman.

Hello all,
    I have just traded with jeeensy and added this M43 to my collection, and show it to you for your perusal. I'm very pleased with it. This is the first genuine stick grenade I have, the other being a replica 24 which I bought years back before I knew anything about them. When the M43 arrived I was delighted to find that he had included a frag sleeve and a couple of box lables.
    Can someone let me know the correct nomenclature of the fuse which I've also seen on "egg grenades"?
    Best regards,
    navyman.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Real or Fake Stielhandgranate M24 ????   Real or Fake Stielhandgranate M24 ????  

Real or Fake Stielhandgranate M24 ????  

Hello Guy...Your Welcome..

Now that's a nice m43 and looks familiar glad you like it

Kind Regards nick ,,

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast