Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Repro US grenade

Article about: Hello, Please can someone tell me what the DM 62 mark on the lever of this replica US pineapple grenade means. Is it just a date of manufacture? Regards, navyman.

Default Repro US grenade

Hello,
    Please can someone tell me what the DM 62 mark on the lever of this replica US pineapple grenade means. Is it just a date of manufacture?
    Regards,
    navyman.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Repro US grenade  

Default Re: Repro US grenade

The DM 62 marked spoon is from a West German practice grenade. The Germans patterned several of their grenades after American types in the 1950s and later, including the fuzes.

Quote by ordnance View Post
    The DM 62 marked spoon is from a West German practice grenade. The Germans patterned several of their grenades after American types in the 1950s and later, including the fuzes.
    Thanks for clearing that up for me.
    Now I can start looking for a WW2 deac with comlete inert internals.
    Regards,
    navyman.

Hi Navyman, I have a couple complete extra original WW2 MkII grenades right now. Also have some orig complete M10A2 fuses I might part with. Let me know if interested. Regards, Steve

Quote by Kilroy Was Here View Post
    Hi Navyman, I have a couple complete extra original WW2 MkII grenades right now. Also have some orig complete M10A2 fuses I might part with. Let me know if interested. Regards, Steve
    Hello Steve,
    Thanks for the reply, but unfortunately I doubt very much that our customs would take kindly to me importing a grenade. We have such peculier rules over here, I expect the only people who can bring such things in would be terrorists! By the way way, how much are they going for?
    Best Regards,
    navyman.

Hi, OK, sorry, did not know you were in the UK. They go for aroud $175-350 and up. There are different types and configurations. I have 7 US "pineapples" now, all different. I will do a post in the ordnance section when I take some updated pics. Good luck, you should be able to find one, especially if you know what to look for.

Regards, Steve

Thanks Steve,
    I'll keep an eye out over here, shame about these daft regulations, surely the money wasted on them could be put to better use, ie; fighting crime !
    All best,
    Guy.