Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

S-mine

Article about: I paid 50 belge francs for 1 back in the 70s.from a museum keeper.

Default S-mine

I had just purchased the s-mine. It is totally inert. Both the mine and the fuse are dated 1940. It also has the discharger cup the mine sits in. I am looking for opinions here. So could anyone tell me what these things are worth??
    Thanks,
    John

S-mineS-mineS-mineS-mineS-mineS-mineS-mine
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Nice item! What it is worth?Hard to say because there are problems with international shipping. Around $150-200 I quess in USA? Less than 100 euros in Europe.

Thanks Gunny

I would love one of these! Nice find

Default S mine

Hi,
    Its hard to tell from the picture but has the base charge been removed from this one. This is the charge that lifts it out of the ground. I have attached a few photos of a set I have. Years ago it was still possible to go to our local sand dunes and dig these up. At the end of the the German Occupation here in Jersey the mines we made safe by removing the igniters and charge and basically more or less left in position. Some of the mines were still in great condition even with the eagle and swastika still showing on the lid. There were somewhere around 57,000 mines laid on the Island which is only 9 miles by 5.
    Value, well the better the mine the better the price and again its a local thing. If they are easyier to find they are less money than somewhere you don't expect to find them...Australia for example.
    All the best from Jersey.
    D.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture S-mine   S-mine  

S-mine   S-mine  

S-mine   S-mine  

S-mine   S-mine  

Quote by JERSEY 34 View Post
    Hi,
    Its hard to tell from the picture but has the base charge been removed from this one. This is the charge that lifts it out of the ground. I have attached a few photos of a set I have. Years ago it was still possible to go to our local sand dunes and dig these up. At the end of the the German Occupation here in Jersey the mines we made safe by removing the igniters and charge and basically more or less left in position. Some of the mines were still in great condition even with the eagle and swastika still showing on the lid. There were somewhere around 57,000 mines laid on the Island which is only 9 miles by 5.
    Value, well the better the mine the better the price and again its a local thing. If they are easyier to find they are less money than somewhere you don't expect to find them...Australia for example.
    All the best from Jersey.
    D.
    Wow great set! Can u spare one!

Come on Panzer Trooper, would you really want me to break the set up..... they like old friends.
    D.

As said, the value of these varies around the globe: in the UK it would be worth more than the values stated here. I would say at least £150 - £175 here.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Yes guys It is in The USA. It is in great shape. Around $380.00USD. But I figure it is worth it since they will be harder to find from here on out.
    I was always told that when you think you paid to much today. it won't be too much tomorrow. Well I always wanted one of these and it is complete. Thanks for all the nice comments. I have a WWI Surprise coming, I hope next month, I will share it with all of you.

John

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast