Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Sea mine

Article about: This was just put up for sale for about 330 \\$(or 210 £), and I am actually considering picking it up. Does anybody know which model it is? Is it British or German? Any help is appreciated

Default Sea mine

This was just put up for sale for about 330 $(or 210 £), and I am actually considering picking it up. Does anybody know which model it is? Is it British or German?
    Any help is appreciated

Sea mine
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

WOW!! What doens this thing weigh??? Would be great if you have room to display it. I hope is is Deactivated... That thing would level 3 houses.
    i really don't know the origin. It doesn't look American???
    great looking piece.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

?

I'm thinking its German, ours were more oval in shape and deeper I believe, also with more horns

Very nice, There are still a few of the British ones horns and all kicking around on Various UK seafronts used as to collect money for charity. As davejb states the British ones are more oval.

Sea mine

Lightbulb

It certainly has the appearance of a standard German Naval Mine.

at that price a bargain.

Sea mine Sea mine

While I am no expert on naval sea mines, my relative Niklas is a career Navy officer who holds the Swedish Navy record for the most mines found and deactivated. There are even WW I mines still floating around. In the future I can have him give a definitive answer. In the meantime I might direct you to Wikipedia to consider this Polish/Estonian/Russian 08/39. Many war relic fanatics transform such mines into useful or even fantasy items. Thanks....Doug.