Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Should I go for this tank shell casing?

Article about: I have looked at an Tank shell, although it's not from WW2, its said to be a 105mm shell casing from a German Leopard tank. The only 2 pictures available: The seller wants about 85 USD for t

?

Default Should I go for this tank shell casing?

I have looked at an Tank shell, although it's not from WW2, its said to be a 105mm shell casing from a German Leopard tank.
    The only 2 pictures available:

The seller wants about 85 USD for this item, it's purpose is display item only, but all info would be great!

Should I go for this or pass? Is the price to expensive or right for this type of shell casing?
    Thanks!

Default Re: Should I go for this tank shell casing?

it's a big shell so i think the price is ok if not a bit over the top! personaly i would not purchase it because with that money i could buy something ww2 related, but it's your pocket!

?

Ok, thanks.
    First one I have seen in the marked here in the country and would probably cost a lot to ship one, would anyways look great on the shelf.

One more question, about how old is it? My guess is about 10 years, but I just like to collect knowledge

Nice shell, and it would look good in any collection. I'm biased, I collect shell cases.

Looks a nice shell, great for storing umbrellas and walking sticks.

sorry but for me its very expensive here they sell them for like 15 euros :/ but you decide how you want to spend your money

The Germans haven't used the 105mm gun armed Leopard 1 tanks for many years (the entirely different Leopard 2 uses a 120mm gun)-the 105mm cal guns are too small for modern tank warfare-your shell case would be 20 or more years old.

?

Thanks for so many answers! Because it's not that new and I like German history I would now definitely go for it!

I'm thinking it may be from 1993 going by the markings?

A word of caution, I got a friend in Canada to send me something similar a few years back... It cost a fortune in postage and nearly gave the postman a hernia...

?

Thats why I think I can might as well buy this and meet the guy irl instead of get a shell shipped internationally, would cost high-explosive cash. :P

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast