Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Stielhandgranate period or repro?

Article about: Hi, I've recently received this m24 stick grenade from my uncle and I have some questions regarding it's authenticity. My thoughts are that the grenade is either a period training piece or a

Default Stielhandgranate period or repro?

Hi,

I've recently received this m24 stick grenade from my uncle and I have some questions regarding it's authenticity. My thoughts are that the grenade is either a period training piece or a post war reproduction. The head of the grenade appears to have sand inside to give it some weight and there is no pull cord at the bottom. Any ideas as to whether this is a period piece or not is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Brian
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stielhandgranate period or repro?   Stielhandgranate period or repro?  

Stielhandgranate period or repro?   Stielhandgranate period or repro?  

?

hi brian ,head looks fine to me ,but think handle is a modren replacement....cheers paul

Thanks for the help Paul. Is it common to find original heads that have had post war handles added?

-Brian

Its just a copy and a completely different shape to a M24.
    Lack of a hole through the handle for the pull cord should be a hint.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Thanks I think I will keep this one in my collection as a display piece until I can get around to purchasing an original.

Thanks,

Brian

Yes just a copy nothing original on this one

I think these were produced in the 60's and these days they are often seen sold as practice M24,, but this is not so..

Regards nick

Beurk!!! Perhaps for a film ?
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/