Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

T Gewehr rounds

Article about: Hi Guys, I had the chance to photograph these at work last week. These were the 13mm anti tank rifle rounds developed by the Germans in 1918 to counter the new Allied tanks. John Browning ob

Default T Gewehr rounds

Hi Guys, I had the chance to photograph these at work last week.

These were the 13mm anti tank rifle rounds developed by the Germans in 1918 to counter the new Allied tanks.

The headstamps:

T67 = T round with a brass case made from 67% copper

P is for Polte, who made the round.

18 is for the year, with the other number indicating the month of production.

John Browning obtained some of these and they helped form his new .50 cal design.

These are inert.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture T Gewehr rounds   T Gewehr rounds  

T Gewehr rounds   T Gewehr rounds  

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Nice to see these rare rounds , i know they are hard to find , thank you for showing

They are not common.

Funny thing is, I had 4 come into work in one week! Like the old joke about waiting for a bus and then several come at once.

These two were left for sale as part of a large WW1 British group. The other two were sadly not left for auction.

I have always wanted to own a T Gewehr. These are classed as obsolete calibre here in the UK and so the rifle can be owned live. The rounds must be inert, no propellent, primer must be made inert and the steel core must be drilled or cut.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

More info can be found in this old thread:

German WW1 13mm T-Gewehr Anti Tank Rifle.

If I recall correctly, the Anti-Tank Rifle on display at the Ft.Knox Patton Museum was marked as being produced by Mauser...Somewhat similar in appearance to the Current US Issued .50 Caliber Bolt Action Sniper Rifle, mounted on a Bipod with Long-Range Scope...
    cheers, Glenn

?

Default T67 shell

T Gewehr roundsT Gewehr roundsT Gewehr roundsT Gewehr roundsT Gewehr rounds
    Yesterday I found this piece of trench art in a Canadian antique store. I believe a Canadian soldier came across this shell at the end of the war and added the key battles he’d been involved in to the shell. I paid the equivalent of $35 US for it.

MAP
    ?

That is a heck of a round!

I remember a back woods gun shop I used to go to many many years ago had one of these rifles mounted on the wall. A BIG rifle!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

4md
    ?

Have not seen a April made one, mine is August. There was a T gewehr for sale at the gun show here a few years back but the price was astronomical.

?

This one is from November of 1918. I’m curious now, what sort of price do the shells get? Would the trench art aspect of it add or detract from the cartridge value? Thanks in advance for any response!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Guys, I had the chance to photograph these at work last week.

These were the 13mm anti tank rifle rounds developed by the Germans in 1918 to counter the new Allied tanks.

The headstamps:

T67 = T round with a brass case made from 67% copper

P is for Polte, who made the round.

18 is for the year, with the other number indicating the month of production.

John Browning obtained some of these and they helped form his new .50 cal design.

These are inert.

Cheers, Ade.
    Nice rounds. I have an April dated one also.

Can you tell me is there any reference or reason for the T67 stamp being the opposite way round on the head compared to the other one shown.
    Just a variation or is there a reason for this.
    Love to know . Sorry if this is a dumb question.

Cheers

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast