Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Tellermine 35

Article about: Hello folks. This is a prospective purchase that I need help with. As I've just purchased another type of mine - which will appear on the forum in the coming days - I've decided to take a br

Default Tellermine 35

Hello folks.

This is a prospective purchase that I need help with. As I've just purchased another type of mine - which will appear on the forum in the coming days - I've decided to take a brief collecting trip into the world of German ordnance. I've located this deactivated Tellermine, which is the only one I've ever found that isn't in relic condition. It is my intention to buy it when I next get paid.

Tellermine 35Tellermine 35Tellermine 35Tellermine 35Tellermine 35Tellermine 35

However, I'd like to make sure everything is correct for a wartime piece. I don't know all that much about these mines, and would guess they saw some postwar use. I'd like to make sure the fittings and paint are correct, and would appreciate some help from those better versed in WWII German ordnance than myself.

Regards, B.B.

?

I would call this a semi relic. That plate on the bottom plus handle are quite pitted even with holes(I’m pretty that big hole is for another’s fuse or something.

.the fuse seems good. That being said I haven’t properly looked at mines before. I will have a search around my sources and reply again if anything comes up.

Quote by Jb4046 View Post
    I would call this a semi relic. That plate on the bottom plus handle are quite pitted even with holes(I’m pretty that big hole is for another’s fuse or something.

.the fuse seems good. That being said I haven’t properly looked at mines before. I will have a search around my sources and reply again if anything comes up.
    Thanks, I appreciate your input. Your knowledge of WWII ordnance is impressive, so I figured you'd be one of the first to comment.

I believe the reason the handle and bottom plate are so pitted is due to them being made of steel. I don't know what the upper plate is made of, but presumably it's of a different grade or composition to have survived so well in comparison. That, or the red paint has acted as a barrier against the elements.

Regards, B.B.

?

Huh i think you have a pretty good explanation there. The top half could be made of aluminium, which doesn’t rust/decay very well due to an always present layer of aluminium oxide which stops further oxygen and aluminium contact. This could be a training land mine. Training stick grenades are red, some dummy practice 20mm rounds are red. Just some thoughts. Looks pretty cool nonetheless(and i think i know who is selling this ��)

Quote by Jb4046 View Post
    Huh i think you have a pretty good explanation there. The top half could be made of aluminium, which doesn’t rust/decay very well due to an always present layer of aluminium oxide which stops further oxygen and aluminium contact. This could be a training land mine. Training stick grenades are red, some dummy practice 20mm rounds are red. Just some thoughts. Looks pretty cool nonetheless(and i think i know who is selling this ��)
    I think you may have hit the nail on the head. Training mine or not, I think I'm still going to go for it. It's not often that you see them in this condition. It's being sold by a dealer that I only found a couple of days ago. If you know who it is, keep it to yourself for now.

Regards, B.B.

?

Hahah my lips are sealed.

Heres a useful picture for the fuse nonetheless.

Tellermine 35

The mine also has a slot on the side for an additional fuse. An anti-tamper measure that would have set it off if an engineer tried to pick it up. The additional fuse isn't included with the mine, but they're not hard to find at all.

Now I just need to figure out how and where I'm going to display it!

B.B.

Looks to be a good original one , you find these in camo ,grey and red like this one , this one is quite a late made mine for a tm35 , Its interesting in the fact the side part is camo maybe the top camo has come off leaving the red under paint ? I have found these like this before but the whole mine has been red in colour

Quote by kradman View Post
    Looks to be a good original one , you find these in camo ,grey and red like this one , this one is quite a late made mine for a tm35 , Its interesting in the fact the side part is camo maybe the top camo has come off leaving the red under paint ? I have found these like this before but the whole mine has been red in colour
    Thanks for the information. I'm a newcomer to these mines, so every bit of info is useful to me.

I do wonder why this one hasn't sold yet. Maybe due to the pitting on the bottom plate? Regardless of that, it'll look great on display.

Regards, B.B.