Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Is there any money, besides the price of scrap brass in old ammo?

Article about: @Stinkpotpete, Thank you for your replay. I am sorry I did not respond to you in a timely manner! I will defiantly keep my eyes pealed for cartridge boxes. I typicality find ammo in the atti

Default Re: Is there any money, besides the price of scrap brass in old ammo?

@Stinkpotpete, Thank you for your replay. I am sorry I did not respond to you in a timely manner! I will defiantly keep my eyes pealed for cartridge boxes. I typicality find ammo in the attic (I know pretty stupid) or up the the rafters and just kind of kept away in a small pace. Thank you for the website tip, although i have been there. But thank you I still go there just about everyday. I am tiring to learn as much as I can. I will have to look into that book thank you! Thank you for helping me out I really appreciate it!

From Alex

Default Re: Is there any money, besides the price of scrap brass in old ammo?

You're very welcome Alex. I think alot of people put ammo in the attic to keep it away from kids, or to just keep it out of the way. I still have a flour sack of ww 2 .30-06 on a shelf in a closet that my dad kept up there to keep it away from us kids. It was part of his souvenir stash from his service. Sometimes the ammo boxes can bring more than the cartridges., but box collectors are finicky. For example, I found this box at a show last year. It was sold through a local gas station chain, and was painted by Les Kouba, a well known wildlife artist. I got this box for $25.00 because of one small flaw, and found another at the same show for $100.00 because it was perfect, and also reflects how much the seller valued his box.

Is there any money, besides the price of scrap brass in old ammo?Is there any money, besides the price of scrap brass in old ammo?

and the flaw, which reminds me I have to wrap this.

Is there any money, besides the price of scrap brass in old ammo?

as far as fired cartridges go, larger ones, like .50 cal and up can sell, because anything larger is pretty much illegal to own, or too dangerous to have as live ammo.

I've seen alot of collectors at show who have a table full of .22 rimfire boxes, it's a small niche, but there are people who collect them.

Happy hunting

Paul

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2